No announcement yet.

Strict budget, slow restoration. *Now with moar budget*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes man! Finally you installed the suspension. I bet it is nice having a car that handles like BMW and not a mid 1990's S500 now. hah.

Do Work www.sbeuroclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
      Here's the final height after I revised the front height. Hella flush stance down and out poke and stretch OMFG!1
      mad tyte, y0!
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Looks great thus far! cars gonna be the shit once your done with it man.
        sigpic

Comment

Cars sittin nice man.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

what did u do for the rear camber?
            "no, i didnt slap u...that was my hand giving ur face a high five"

Comment

Mother of god. I just read this entire thread, and it's inspirational. I'm not gonna lie, i cheered out loud in my room by myself when it started up for the first time.

Comment

:)

I am thoroughly enjoying the car, and as soon as I get some more cash to play with there will be more to come. Not sure how many more motor swaps I can do in barns though.

Comment

Just got it aligned

Front (left right)
                  Camber: -1.9 -2.0
                  Caster: 10.1 10.2
                  Toe: 0.00 0.00

Rear (left right)
                  Camber: -2.9 -2.7
                  Toe: 0.14 0.15

After a quick run up a local road (car parked in gear, ebrake off ;))

Comment

Yummm :D
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by Indecline06
                    For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

I like the color. Reminds me of my 1st e30.

I admire the way you worked on your car.

Comment

Originally posted by aworthybrother View Post
                        I like the color. Reminds me of my 1st e30.

I admire the way you worked on your car.
                        Nice. I've seen that car here before, I remember the blacked out trim and smoked lights. Looks great. I love cirrus.

Comment

how much was it to get it aligned... you notice a difference?
                          Last edited by fiftytakedowns; 04-28-2010, 10:49 PM.
                          [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                          Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Nice work.

I like those Vasek Polak plate frames!

88 M3 - 95 E320 Wagon - 70 Mini - 04 LS430
                            BBS RS-style wheels for your RC car:
                            http://www.teampogi.com
                            http://www.facebook.com/teampogi

Comment

Originally posted by fiftytakedowns View Post
                              how much was it to get it aligned... you notice a difference?
                              Eh, too much. I posted my alignment experience in a local forum:

So I go into superior alignment and ask for an alignment and tell him I want it to a certain spec.

Here's the alignment I want--caster: max out the right, .3 degrees less caster on the left. -2 degrees camber, zero toe. I went here a year or so ago with my old car and they did a thrust angle alignment for $50, so I went again.

I tell him what I want and he says ok so you want the caster all the way forward on the right?
                              "Uh no, all the way back."
                              "Oh ok."

Then he gives me the work order: $100

I say a year ago it was half that. "Well you asked for custom specs so it will take longer than a factory alignment" "but if it takes less time then we won't charge you as much" Okay, fair enough.

But then I go over the work order and it says LEAST amount of caster and +.3 degrees on the right. I tell him no, I want the MOST caster.
                              "So you want us to push the wheels forward"
                              "NO that is subtracting caster... I shelled out extra for camber/caster plates, I want the MOST positive caster you can get."
                              "Oh well in some cars when you push the camber plate forward it pushes the wheels back"
                              "No, it's a macpherson strut, they don't work like that.. you know what, forget it, I've already got the caster maxed out, just leave it"
                              "No no we'll do it"

if I'm going to shell out $100 for a 2-wheel alignment can I at least get someone who knows what caster is? jesus.
                              Before specs were actually pretty similar to after specs, but there was a bunch of toe-in. Turn in is much better now and I don't have to worry about tire wear as much. I was happy with the result, but I got ripped off by these jokers. Not going back.

Originally posted by monzon View Post
                              Nice work.

I like those Vasek Polak plate frames!
                              Haha, I've seen them on SO many E30s, it's ridiculous.
                              Last edited by Wh33lhop; 04-29-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

how much is just normal alignment cost usually I jsut did the suspension on my whip and think I should probably take it in.
                                [/url]

Team USA Wrestling 67KG
                                Team USA Wrestling Strength And Conditioning Coach

Comment

Working...
                                X