No announcement yet.

Strict budget, slow restoration. *Now with moar budget*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta say - that is some hairy-chested man shit there..

..in the parking lot and all. Damn. Sucks about the clearance with the bell housing.
    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Wow, you really inspire me.

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
        I lold at the hammer on the jack. Think the hammer is rated for two tons?

This is my favorite thread on R3v, you inspire me.

Also noted nobody seems to be able to park in your apartment complex.
        Haha, you're not the first to mention that. One sorority slut parks over the line, the rest of us have to follow suit. :(

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
        gotta say - that is some hairy-chested man shit there..

..in the parking lot and all. Damn. Sucks about the clearance with the bell housing.
        Yeah, it's fun (I actually had some random girl come by and say she thought it was cool that I was trying to fix my car). I tried pulling the trans again today, didn't work. The main problem with working on the street is, well you need to be able to put the car back together by a certain time.

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
        Wow, you really inspire me.
        I don't know you well enough to tell if you're being sarcastic, so either cool/I'm glad, or well played sir.

Comment

keep it up man! You really should have torn out that insulation on the firewall/tranny tunnel. It would make pulling the trans a lot easier. Good luck!

Comment

insane. i cant believe you managed to do this while going to school. as a university student im more than impressed.

subscribed.
            sigpic

Cheers to beers and brassiers, may they always be full.

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post

I don't know you well enough to tell if you're being sarcastic, so either cool/I'm glad, or well played sir.
              Tough crowd, huh? ;) I was being serious though. Doing all that shit alone, in that environment shows alot.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsports_3 View Post
                Tough crowd, huh? ;)
                Welcome to r3v. :p Thanks dude, glad to hear it.

Comment

Victory at last!

I wrestled with it for an hour or so, trying to equalize loads and pull it off by hand, in the end I just jacked from the oil pan with some wood blocks, got a big section of pipe and BFH'd it.

Thank you, BFH. May I never underestimate you again.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was raining?

I pulled the pressure plate, clutch and pilot bearing, saved the throwout bearing (should be okay if a little water gets on there and evaporates off) to use on the super eta. I couldn't get enough torque to the flywheel bolts without the motor turning over, so I'm probably going to try an impact driver tomorrow. This will be the last step before I get to start putting it back together again (oh joy).

Then I stripped the trans of everything of use to me (guibo which is now in iffy shape, shift tower/bitch clip, selector rod and joint, trans mounts) and for fear of murder when my girlfriend got home to a transmission on the floor, set it behind the car. If someone steals it, well it's 80lbs, and it doesn't work. Now I don't have to take it to the dump.

Then I went to go check out the super eta down the street. In the meantime, the very dead battery is hooked up to a trickle charger. I'm not sure if it's ever going to charge or if it's just gone.

Comment

good work. lots of persistance.
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, just yesterday I was whining about what a pain it was to work in my garage without a lift!!

I will never again take heat/light/tunes/coffee/food/bathroom for granted. What a great thread!
                      sigpic

Comment

why not a 2 door?
                        Originally posted by audiquattrot
                        bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                        1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                        2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                        1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                        2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
                          why not a 2 door?
                          because 4door you can carry more whores durr

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
                            why not a 2 door?
                            Haha, this guy.

Comment

Fuck yeah!

Just finished finals on Saturday, today Rory brought over the trans and I smashed out the job
                              Resurfaced/pressure plate matched flywheel is ON
                              Clutch is ON
                              Trans is ON

Got my first grade (B in a fucking hard class) when I got back. No pics, can't find memory card. I'm going out for a fucking beer.

Comment

i love this thread dude. working in the street and shit reminds me of my garageless years haha. mad props y0. glad you got that good tranny in.

Comment

Working...
                                X