Alpine m30 336i e30 (2013)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine m30 336i e30 (2013)

Well I've decided that dumping money into my e34 was a huge waste, so I figured I'd start a thread for the e30. This car has been in my family for quite some time but it's just been sitting in my parents garage for no apparent reason. We've used it for autocross the past two seasons, it's fairly stock aside from H&R sports (funny story, I'll get to that later), bilsteins, Powerflex bushings, UUC camber plates, RD sways and Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2's with shaved RE01-R's. I just started autocrossing the car this season and it's been a ton of fun, but I've been consistently second in class to another guy in an e30 by ~.5 so it's time for change.

Just started pulling the suspension out of it because I ordered Ground Controls. I went with 550/750, camber plates, and I have the short 1198's (I think I'm going to cut 1" from the housings). I've done e34 suspensions 5 or 6 times but never an e30 and WOW, e30's are great. The rear probably took 20 minutes total, but I had to stop working on it for the evening so this is how it sits:

H&R's look almost new, shows you how little the car has been driven since they've been on it since '06. Anyways, the funny part was my dad was convinced the he had bought the J-stock setup from Turner. I was confused because the car seemed like it sat way too high and was suffering from A LOT of body roll so I ordered Ground Controls and cursed the J-stocks, only to find that they were H&R's. Oops.

TD's and DD wheels:

Lonely neglected donor:

The motor is a 3.6L 10.5:1 cr m30b35 bored to m90 specs while using the longer b35 stroke. Hoping for 225whp when tuned, which should be a lot more entertaining in the e30 than it is in the e34. Still trying to decide what driveline combo to go with, so I have a couple of things to sort out before the motor swap, but it is coming.

updates soon..
    Last edited by Jb325is; 07-31-2013, 06:31 PM. Reason: Update
    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Nice setup with the GCs.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

Nice! Will be interesting to see how much faster it/you'll be in the same class against the same competition but with a new engine :)
      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I'll be interested to see how much the Ground Controls help. I will still be in the same class (C) with them but with the motor swap I'll move up to D. Me and the guy that's been beating me are already faster than all the cars in D though, so eventually I'll have to mod my car some more and move up to E or just start running SCCA

Finished pulling the suspension today and rolled the rear fenders to make room for the RSes.
        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Sick! That motor is going to pull really nicely in the e30! :woowoo:

Be prepared to mess with you spring rates and brakes dues to all the added weight up front in the e30.

Should be much more fun. Can't wait to see more updates! :D
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by e30polak View Post
            Sick! That motor is going to pull really nicely in the e30! :woowoo:

Be prepared to mess with you spring rates and brakes dues to all the added weight up front in the e30.

Should be much more fun. Can't wait to see more updates! :D
            Well it's only ~30 pounds more so I'll probably just pull the AC to make it closer
            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

this picture is full of win.
              Nice ass.

-
              Project
              Parts for Sale
              Feedback
              YouTube Channel

Comment

Rolled the fenders, just barely though. My e34 fenders were over-rolled pretty bad so I didn't want to get out of hand with the e30, just enough to tuck the 225/50's.

GC stuff won't be here until next week :(
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Finally got the Ground Controls on the car.. Here are a couple pics of the finished housings:

Took 1.5" out. These pictures are just after rolling it out of the garage for the first time, can't drive it yet because I'm STILL waiting on my rear shocks so it looks like I'm going to miss tomorrow's night auto-x event. I'll probably have to raise it a tad in the front because it rubs at full lock with the 225/50's, but I'll wait and see until after it's aligned because I know my caster is wayy off on the plates.

I was waiting to finish the e30 suspension so I could pull the e34 in the garage and start parting it out, so the next update will be swap related for sure. Decided to rob the whole drivetrain from the e34 since the motor/trans/harness combo was the best option for e30 m30 swaps.
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I wish my family had that clean of a car just lying around!
                    Originally posted by z31maniac
                    I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Nice! You should put m10 in the e34 + big turbo lol
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Nope it's going to the crusher undoubtedly.. The other day while driving, I was trying to decide what to do with it and whether or not I should scrap it.. I was literally in mid-thought and my power steering and drive belts snapped simultaneously, leaving me stranded on the side of the road, so that settled it.
                        - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

love your e34

Comment

e34 m10 turbo ftw.
                            http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                              Nope it's going to the crusher undoubtedly.. The other day while driving, I was trying to decide what to do with it and whether or not I should scrap it.. I was literally in mid-thought and my power steering and drive belts snapped simultaneously, leaving me stranded on the side of the road, so that settled it.
                              Aw so your not going to sell the shell? or as a roller?

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Working...
                              X