I Can haz $300.00 e30 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mstngcobr761 View Post

Started with the oil pan...at first scrubbed with wire brush and degreased, then realized im an idiot and have a soda blaster. Put it outside and went to town.
    lmao, sounds like something I would do...

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
      Take the two measurements from the rods and the crank. Take those two numbers and subtract and you have your clearence.

Is that what you are asking me?
      Yep! Makes sense. Thanks

Originally posted by freeski27 View Post
      lmao, sounds like something I would do...
      It only took me a couple minutes to realize, im sitting there trying to get into the nooks and crannies of the pan with a large wire brush

Comment

Yep! Makes sense. Thanks

It only took me a couple minutes to realize, im sitting there trying to get into the nooks and crannies of the pan with a large wire brush
        No problem. I used to use platiguage but then my uncle checked it with a Snap guage and a micrometer and I was about .001-3 off.

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

you're doing a great job. congratulations. no point in wasting a good m3 lol

Comment

So a main part of this build has changed in the past couple days, Im ditching the whole supercharger idea (If anyone wants the bracket PM me) and going turbo! Plan on running a top mounted Garrett 60-1. Arp Head Studs will get ordered next week (making my final payment on the motor this friday:woowoo:). Not sure what headgasket ill be using lots of the FI guys on BF.c are suggesting to just use an OEM one. As for the car, nothing really big just started removing stuff out of the engine bay I dont need and started doing the booster swap.

Mouse nests everywhere!

What brackets and such wont I need for the swap?

Comment

Good looking project so far

Comment

turbo = :D

thats what I'm doing! We'll have a white turbo M and white turbo non M!

E30 325is "Starting from Scratch" build thread

Comment

I know someone who will want your bracket...

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                    I know someone who will want your bracket...
                    Awesome! Nothing against the craftsmanship or anything hah Just decided to go a different route. Would just like to recoupe what I payed

Comment

Mde36 is looking for it. He should be PMing you soon if he hasnt already.

Comment

my life would be complete if i found and e30 m3 for 300$

Comment

I didn't read all of the pages once I realized there would be no S14. If you scored the car for $300 why wouldn't you spend another 4-5K on a running S14?

Good luck with your build.....I hate to sound negative, but without the S14 it's just not a M3 (in my purist eyes).

Comment

Originally posted by euro3 View Post
                            I didn't read all of the pages once I realized there would be no S14. If you scored the car for $300 why wouldn't you spend another 4-5K on a running S14?

Good luck with your build.....I hate to sound negative, but without the S14 it's just not a M3 (in my purist eyes).
                            S14 is a very quirky motor...plauged with problems that arent cheap. I can build a reliable Turbo S50 for that same 4-5k and make 400 horsepower instead of 190hp.

That was my biggest selling point, its not like the swap isnt reversible...i can always switch back

Comment

S14 is a very quirky motor...plauged with problems that arent cheap. I can build a reliable Turbo S50 for that same 4-5k and make 400 horsepower instead of 190hp.

That was my biggest selling point, its not like the swap isnt reversible...i can always switch back
                              you don't get it and Im sure you won't either. Its about the balance and the overall feel of the M3- not 400 hp in a "car"

whatever makes you happy though.

Comment

This is awesome man, I'd love to get the opportunity to scoop one up for $300

Comment

Working...
                                X