I Can haz $300.00 e30 M3....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffNJM3 View Post
    I have an M3 with the s14 and I would never swap it out. I love the way it sounds, love the way it revs and even love the way it smells (You s14 guys know exactly what i mean). But thats me not you. I think what you are doing with your car is great, its going to be a really nice M3. One thing that irks me is that lots of people think the M3 can't be your dream car if you don't want the s14 in it. So what if some folks like it for the way it looks? It looks awsome, right off the the showroom floor. I like 66-77 Ford Bronco's because of what they look like. Does that mean I'm wrong if I swap in a 351 or a big block? Lets let this guy show us his build, i know it keeps me entertained.

Jeff
    (one of the pompus a-holes from s14.net :) )
    Thanks for understanding! But I said MOST people from s14.net TEND to be a-holes :D

EDIT: Is it sad that im pretty sure ive been to that white castle your photo was taken at

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
      I think you are taking it all a bit the wrong way. I am not trying to bash you- just make a point-- maybe try to sway/lead you a bit in the right direction. I am not young (not too old either) search for some pics of my M3 on here---- it is not eveyones cup of tea- and over the years I have done alot to "return" it back from my own tuning. alot of people on here would feel I took alot away from what the car "could do" if it were setup "correctly".- I am no purist by any means

if the E30 M3 is your "dream car"- ask yourself "why?"-- is it cause of the fenders- or is because of the overall car-- and you should know where we are coming from.-- last year I put together a turbo M20 car- because I wanted a "fast" car too- it was boring and a pain in the ass to always "fix"-- its gone and the S14 is still here.

like you said its your car - do waht you want to it. and I wont even look in this thread anymore if you don't want opinions.
      I've been reading this thread and I need to say this as it has been bugging me.

To try to LEAD or SWAY someone into what you consider to be THE RIGHT DIRECTION infers that your way is the only way to build this particular car, but you do not own this car, Mstngcobr761 does and with his vision he will build his Dream car not yours and all the other purists out there.

In Australia, we can't drive a LHD car unless it is converted to RHD (classics excluded, must be 30yrs and older) and as we all know E30M3's were only built as a LHD car. If I had purchased one and converted it, am I destroying this car even though the S14 will still be intact?

According to you, that would be a yes.

People modify cars for themselves not for the masses, had he not purchased the car, it would be safe to assume the car would have rotted where it stood because the previous owner didn't care.

And if he did decide to put in the correct motor in and restore the car to original condition then the "purists" would throw there hands up in horror because "it's not the original motor" and "the numbers don't match" and the best one I've heard "there is no racing history to explain the incorrect motor in this car", isn't saving a chassis enough? so what I am saying is that he is in a no-win position with this project so why share your one-eyed opinions and dictate them as Law, well that's how I read it.

I've owned concorse cars and I've owned modified cars, I've been on both sides of the fence, but I encourage people on their path, not LEAD or SWAY to my way of thinking how it should be done.

Rant done.

Mate, you're doing well with this, keep going with your vision for YOUR ultimate M3 and not other peoples.:up:

Flame suit on.

Comment

Great thread. Read it from page one.
        I'm glad you didn't go with a hunk of crap s14! :)

waaaahh waaaahhh it handles slightly better.
        Give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by GANSTA View Post
          I've been reading this thread and I need to say this as it has been bugging me.

To try to LEAD or SWAY someone into what you consider to be THE RIGHT DIRECTION infers that your way is the only way to build this particular car, but you do not own this car, Mstngcobr761 does and with his vision he will build his Dream car not yours and all the other purists out there.

In Australia, we can't drive a LHD car unless it is converted to RHD (classics excluded, must be 30yrs and older) and as we all know E30M3's were only built as a LHD car. If I had purchased one and converted it, am I destroying this car even though the S14 will still be intact?

According to you, that would be a yes.

People modify cars for themselves not for the masses, had he not purchased the car, it would be safe to assume the car would have rotted where it stood because the previous owner didn't care.

And if he did decide to put in the correct motor in and restore the car to original condition then the "purists" would throw there hands up in horror because "it's not the original motor" and "the numbers don't match" and the best one I've heard "there is no racing history to explain the incorrect motor in this car", isn't saving a chassis enough? so what I am saying is that he is in a no-win position with this project so why share your one-eyed opinions and dictate them as Law, well that's how I read it.

I've owned concorse cars and I've owned modified cars, I've been on both sides of the fence, but I encourage people on their path, not LEAD or SWAY to my way of thinking how it should be done.

Rant done.

Mate, you're doing well with this, keep going with your vision for YOUR ultimate M3 and not other peoples.:up:

Flame suit on.
          whats with all the retards around here lately-- I am staying out of this thread from here on out.

Comment

The car didnt have a motor to begin with right? Why not go with a more modern, more powerful more dependable motor? If it had the s14 still in it then I would say keep it, but it doesnt, so grab an s50, they are probably easier to find too!

BTW, You sir hit the e30 lotto with that one!

Comment

Not sure how I missed this one until now, but damn! Nice work.

Comment

Sad to see you getting bashed on a trashed heap when you got it, but this guy; http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155534with a super clean roller seems to not have teh same storm to weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                  Sad to see you getting bashed on a trashed heap when you got it, but this guy; http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155534with a super clean roller seems to not have teh same storm to weather.
                  Yeah I noticed that but I wasnt about to speak up cause its not worth it to argue with the e-thugs

Comment

Sure this is a dream car for some, but I guess there are kids in Durkmanistan Bumfucksandydesert who dream of a camel with long eyelashes too. If it were a Sport Evo or a Cecotto or some such, then sure bag this build out. However, it is an ordinary E30 M3 and nothing special in the pantheon of truly awesome cars (do not ever try to convince me a stock E30 M3 is a more legendary car than a Mini Cooper S or a 250 GT-L Ferrari).

I have to admit - if I got an E30 M3 shell cheap I'd be sticking an LS1 in it. Better balance/handling than a turbo six and less stressed motor for lower maintenance.

Good work so far OP - can't wait to see the turbo build come together.
                    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                      whats with all the retards around here lately-- I am staying out of this thread from here on out.
                      It's funny how the "retards" are people who disagree with this guy. ;)

Go on my son,......go forth and modify. :)

Any updates? go on don't be afraid the bad man has gone away.

The Aussie's are in agreement. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Give it time, I belive in human nature. :hitler:

He'll show up.

Comment

Originally posted by GANSTA View Post
                          It's funny how the "retards" are people who disagree with this guy. ;)

Go on my son,......go forth and modify. :)

Any updates? go on don't be afraid the bad man has gone away.

The Aussie's are in agreement. :)
                          No monumental progress. I payed the motor off on Friday. Now all my money is getting shifted towards paying off my custom turbo manifold that a fellow forum member is making. I planned on putting the bottom end together this past weekend BUT my godfather came over and showed up with this:

You can also see my DD e30...

After playing around all day saturday in the Porsche, I started with pulling the old oil pan off Sunday morning

Pulled one rod bearing cap and one main bearing cap off to inspect the bearings and check the clearances. No pitting or odd wear found on any of the bearings and the clearances checked out perfect.

Then I tackled the good old oil pump nut.

Mine wasnt as loose as others have made it sound. Took it off and put red loctite all over it.
                          For extra insurance, I rolled the threads over with a hammer and punch. Im really not worried about it

Then started the re-assembly...Didnt think I need to take the bracket off from the old pick up but I was wrong, so I need to take the windage tray off again and do that. Also when I was putting my new rear main seal in, it went crooked on me and got all sorts of messed up. So a new one is on order. After that, m50 oil pan will go on, engine will get flipped back over and the head will come off. My parents agreed to hook me up with a VAC motorsports .140 MLS headgasket and ARP 2000 Headstuds for Christmas. Hoping to have all the engine/turbo components ready to install in the spring.

Comment

So my dad picked me up work today and we took a ride down to VAC Motorsports. All I have to say about that shop is HOT DAMN, place is crazy! The guy took us on a tour of everything! It was like being kid in a candy shop for sure. Ended up giving us a 5% discount also. My parents decided to give me my christmas present now. I agreed this will be all im getting which is completely fine with me!

Cometic .14 MLS Head Gasket
                            ARPP 2000 Head Studs

Comment

Purists will always have issues with non-traditional builds, people criticized my other M3 because I painted the valve cover and plenum and the sills were too shiny.
                              Build what you like/Like what you build, and thanks for saving that one from the crusher.

Comment

Finally got a chance to take the windshield out and see how bad my cowl rust is. Its not horrible but BMW still has the complete cowl metal for sale. At the price of $47.00 I figured instead of messing around with patches ill just replace the whole thing. Its on order and will be here in 2 or so weeks seeing as its coming direct from Germany.

The worst of it

Its all bubbled up infront of the dash too, so the dash will be coming out now, didnt really want to pull it, just another headache.

Josh has also been working on the L/R wheel well it had alot of rot in it.

This the first part of the two part patch. It is just lightly tacked on for now.

From the bottom.

The car as it sits right now, looks so pathetic

Comment

Working...
                                X