Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next week i'm buying an engine stand for reassembly. but for now until i get this engine cleaned who cares?

Comment

does no one have anything to say about what i'm doing or what? i just hate to feel like i'm talking to myself when it says that i've had 415 wiews and i'm the only person posting... what gives? any questions comments whatever voice them please

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
        thats the next build not this one
        ....Dished pistons or volume of the head don't affect displacement.

Comment

so today i was lazy. i slept until very late, ate nothing , and then went to a meeting went home and came home then pulled the front crank cog. i was suprised that i didn't even need the puller that i thought i would took about 30 seconds which was annoyingly less than with the puller lol - i used a flatblade screw driver and some good old fashioned elbow grease. after that i noted that all the main caps had numbers stamped into them on the right hand side so why bother using my punch on them. i then pulled them off in about 2 minutes and removed the crankshaft. - if this thing really only weighs 24 pounds it is deceptive because it seems like it weighs a lot more maybe 40 or so but it was weird that it felt as heavy as it did for only 27 pounds maybe it was just the size and awkwardness of it. then we (traavis and i) packed up the tools and called it a night. tomorrow aaron is supposed to come over so we'll probably unbolt the passenger fender and try to remve the engine.
          Attached Files

Comment

last pic from today
            Attached Files

Comment

very greasy block i can't wait to get it to the guy for hot tanking. i am sick of all of the oil thatts about if not older than me. for those of you who want to know next month i turn 23

Comment

can someone tell me if these pistons look like e-pistons or seta-pistons. i have never seen e or seta pistons but either way they look weird to me.

Comment

well i am pissed. today travis and i attempted to unbolt the driveshaft in order to remve engine and tranny - this did not go well or at all for that matter. and then when we jacked up the right side we found that the driver side shock mount was sheered off - this happened during the towing process. and then when we attempted to see if travis' engine stand woould take the weight of the engine and tranny we found that the engine stand is missing two support bars and is going to sheer off the bolts for the actual boom. so this means that i am fucked. come monday i am going to go buy an engine hoist and an impact wrench if travis and i can't figure something out this weekkend. here are some pics i took of todays non progress and the sheered off mount. it's a good thing that by the end of this project i was planning on a complete suspension overhaul. if only things were moving more smoothly i'd be a little happier but frankly it's not so ... until next time
                  Attached Files

Comment

in the pics you can see that the hood was closed (i forgot to take pics until after the fact and travis hd already gone inside) but you can see the sheered mount and how badly relocated the driver side wheel is. hopefully things go smoother this weekend / next week

Comment

i don't even wanna look at natalie today but she's right outside my window what am i supposed to do? i need an engine hoist and an impact does anyone live near indianapolis? can u help me out?

Comment

fyi natalie is my e34's name

Comment

today i was asked by my godfather to post some pics showing my tranny
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by whatt18yahoo; 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

these are some tranny pics. my godfather and i are going to pull it tomorrow. he is so awesome
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by whatt18yahoo; 08-16-2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

ew it's so soaked in tranny fluid

Comment

so today was a rather productive day, Godfather came over today he brought travis up with him. today we pulled engine and transmission dimounted the geibo and disassembled the engine. in some of these pics i show one of the rod bearings (whats left of it) all of them look the same - shattered to pieces. after that i packed it all up and took a shower. i am going to go watch some 2 and a half men then fall asleep.

the last 2 pictures in this section are of my godfather - the most pimptacular and awesome dude to ever walk the planet.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X