Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW, I didn't realize you craved the cock!
    BLUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yours truly,
    Rich
    sigpic
    Originally posted by Rigmaster
    you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      I kinda doubt titanium valves and springs (only really good for top fuel dragsters where they rebuild the engine every night). maybe rods. but now i'm curious.
      sure, but you don't need titanium valve springs to rev an M20.. most of it probably came from efficient boost, and lots of it, headwork (including a very aggressive cam) and tuning. I'd think the bottom end would be the more expensive part.

and somebody did. Like I said, because you can, not because you should. If we all thought like that none of us would have E30s. :p
      I'd be amazed if it weren't titanium. It's not for the durability of it, but for the weight. The stuff's super light AND super bulletproof. With the rpm that motor's likely to see, and the speed at which it likely spools you'd need to reduce as much valvetrain weight as possible. Bottom ends are pretty simple to build to reliability. You get beefy rods and mic everything to make sure it's in spec. Forged everything... assemble and done. As long as everything's in decent order you should be ok. All the tough stuff is in the head. I'd wager the real cost in the ppf m20 would be in the valve hardware, with port work a close second. They've probably got oversized titanium valves in there.

Shitbag should call up and see if they want him to make needle bearing rockers though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin_jammin View Post

Shitbag should call up and see if they want him to make needle bearing rockers though.
        needle bearings on the rocker shaft have been done.. but there's no point to that. it needs roller tips on the valve and came lobes. But it requires a special cam developed just for it. They were actually going to do full roller rockers but decided it wasn't worth it.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

the roller rockers i'm having done have needle bearings on the cam tips but utilize the standard bushing

Comment

Have some cock:

'89 325is S50 Track Montser
            '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
              Have some cock:

lol

Comment

needle bearings on the rocker shaft have been done.. but there's no point to that. it needs roller tips on the valve and came lobes. But it requires a special cam developed just for it. They were actually going to do full roller rockers but decided it wasn't worth it.
                Please tell me Mr. Laffs hasn't infected you with whatever the fuck he has that kills all humor. You DO realize I was 100% kidding in that post, right?

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
                  the roller rockers i'm having done have needle bearings on the cam tips but utilize the standard bushing
                  Yeah, so that won't work unless you're making special valves too...
                  '89 325is S50 Track Montser
                  '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
                    Yeah, so that won't work unless you're making special valves too...

how do you figure that, on the valve side it will have an elephant foot adjustment and will work just fine

Comment

you guys are mechanics at best not engineers so why would you question what the engineers have to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Bin_jammin View Post
                        Please tell me Mr. Laffs hasn't infected you with whatever the fuck he has that kills all humor. You DO realize I was 100% kidding in that post, right?
                        lol, well I figured this worthless thread may as well have some real discussion in it. :p
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by whatt18yahoo View Post
                          you guys are mechanics at best not engineers so why would you question what the engineers have to say?
                          pffft, you're not an engineer. Besides, I work with engineers all day long. I catch their mistakes all the time. They like being questioned. ;)
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

there are a ton of engineers on this forum... But they have real jobs and don't post in this thread.

I'm pretty sure there at least 20 other r3vers that have done FSAE as their senior project.

Comment

30k fogs?

the fuck?

Do those provide light into a 4th dimension?

Comment

Oh and yahoo, i hacked your account.

Comment

Working...
                                X