No announcement yet.

Old Blue 2002 (1974 BMW 2002 Content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I replaced my drive shaft coupler today.
    The old one.

The new one.

And I also installed a new center steering link.

Good times under the car.
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

You did cut the metal band off after install, right?
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

hahahaha. funny story that. i forgot and it came flying off while i drove back home. gave me a good laugh.
        sigpic
        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Thats one way to get it off! I've never tried it that way.
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Scheduled an alignment at Track Star Racing for the 7th today. I hope Steve can work some magic and get my car set up properly for my driving school on the 9th!
            sigpic

Comment

I used my certificate for a free four wheel alignment at Track Star Racing in the Bay Area today. I met Steve and found he is a real mensch. He could not give me a real "autox" alignment do to the fact that my front springs interfere with the inside wheel well when adjusted, and because of ether/or both a bent sub frame or "A" arms in the back. He gave me my certificate back and told me I could use it again when I had the car on coil overs (for more adjustment) and had the A arm/sub frame problem worked out.
              I have the original rear sub frame which I think is strait that I can weld some camber/toe tabs to, so that is a good start. Then I will be getting front and rear coil overs from Ireland. I already have their front "race" camber plates.
              I do not DD this car, but I am wondering weather I should keep trucking on the M20 swap or take a short brake to get the suspension %100...
              Driving season is almost over, especially by the time I have the money and time for all the suspension parts I will need.
              I guess I should just spend the winter with my motor and the spring figuring out the suspension.
              The summer has been reeeaaalllyy slow work wise and I have been just barley scraping by on mostly plastic. I leave in a bit to do a three week stint as a butcher at a camp which will refill my coffers and pay of the plastic.
              As fare as parts go for the M20 swap I do not need that much anymore.
              A few transmission odds and ends, exhaust from headers back, gauges and related wiring, hoses, and engine and trans mounts.
              I am thinking I will just save for all of this and then buy it all at ones when I finish school for good this Christmas. Then I can spend late winter early spring installing everything.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm at the BMW CCA Car Control Clinic right now at Candle Stick Park. Man what a blast!!! Highly recommend it. Sadly the '02 could not make it because of rear sub frame problems but the 135 is a ton of fun as well!!!
                Last edited by deutschman; 09-15-2011, 10:27 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Any updates?
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                  1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                  1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                  1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                  1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Not yet. The 2002 has been sitting around a lot. I just moved and am sharing a house with another 2002 guy and his family.
                    My plan is to save up till Christmas and then buy the rest of the stuff I need to finish this puppy up.
                    I also got a new job, and am making twice as much money as I was before.... but I am also paying more rent.
                    I will update as soon as I can but I think it will be a few months before anything real happens.
                    Sorry
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, read this through and through. Great progress and attention to detail!! Subscribed!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by Cronopoulos View Post
                        Wow, read this through and through. Great progress and attention to detail!! Subscribed!
                        Thanks. :D
                        I bought the shift linkage I need for the g240 today from a fellow R3V'er.
                        I have been spending so much time day dreaming about the way I am going to do stuff. I am have some really cool ideas for a few things. It is really hard to execute all my ideas properly with out my own work space.
                        During my move I had to move all my parts and motor back to my dads garage (same garage I welded the front end in). I could pay some one ells to do the work (welding, cutting, powder coating) but that would get expensive fast. Ill have to work something out.
                        Right now I am thinking of buying a welder, plasma cutter, and drill press, and maybe a bench grinder.
                        I think the next parts I will buy are my Auto Meter gauges, so that I can start putting my spare gauge pod together. I have been doing a lot of thinking about what kind of materials to use. I have a nice sheet of aluminum sitting around.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well I just ordered a set of 5 Auto Meter gauges. Faaaaaa I blame you guys for bumping this thread!!!!! lol
                          Updates when I start building the gauge panel/pod.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
                            sigpic

Comment

spectacular gear box failure today. not quite sure what it was/is. have not had a chance to get under the car and see what happened. vibration in my shift lever for maybe 15 minutes of city driving and then a loud crack the gears were very challenging to shift and when in second and fourth there is a loud metal on metal rasp/squeal. looks like she really will be parked till i can get the new parts in her.
                              sigpic

Comment

Sounds like you broke a selector rod.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X