Most excellent sir!

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by BUDNUNTA View Post
    Only problem I have is you have to look down to see the guages
    I think in the vents is best
    Looks good though, get that thing to the dyno
    I agree... but with keeping AC in the Texas heat (today was 100+) I can't block any of the vents. The 3 that I have there I don't have to look at them all the time anyway... only when tuning really.

Leave a comment:

• BUDNUNTA
    replied
    Only problem I have is you have to look down to see the guages
    I think in the vents is best
    Looks good though, get that thing to the dyno

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    ^Yes, I had to trim the console quite a bit. I think I cut a rectangle about 4" wide by 8" long. I have extra consoles, and I like the gauges down there... so I didn't worry about ruining a console.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Originally posted by Schnitzer318is View Post
    1/4"... super easy to make. Just make a template out of cardboard and then transfer to the MDF. I was thinking about ordering some carbon fiber as these would be super easy to make.
    Yep, mdf is great to work with. Did you trim the console at all in order for the gauge wiring to fit?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    DOH! I read it wrong, thought that you bought it and made IT fit.

Pretty cool. How thick was the mdf?
    1/4"... super easy to make. Just make a template out of cardboard and then transfer to the MDF. I was thinking about ordering some carbon fiber as these would be super easy to make.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Made it from MDF. Was going to use some fiberglass to tilt the gauges towards the driver but visibility was fine so I decided not to.
    DOH! I read it wrong, thought that you bought it and made IT fit.

Pretty cool. How thick was the mdf?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    I made it
    Made it from MDF. Was going to use some fiberglass to tilt the gauges towards the driver but visibility was fine so I decided not to.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied
    Thank you. It's a friction fit, I made it so it's tight. I might go back in and use some very thin and small pieces of double sided adhesive... but really it never moves so I may just leave it as is.
    Oh, damn thats great fitment for a friction fit!! Where did you pick your's up? I purchased mine of ebay and the fitment is decent but I had to drill to small holes in it to screw it to the ashtray :(

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
    How is you boost controller spliced in?
    Bottom vacuum line is input from the turbo housing. Side vacuum line is the output reference for the wastegate actuator.

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
    How'd you mount that? Looks super clean!
    Thank you. It's a friction fit, I made it so it's tight. I might go back in and use some very thin and small pieces of double sided adhesive... but really it never moves so I may just leave it as is.

Leave a comment:

• dude8383
    replied

How'd you mount that? Looks super clean!

Leave a comment:

• Dj Buttchug
    replied
    How is you boost controller spliced in?

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    More updates...

1. Got the ICV circuit working finally. It idles smooth now with AC on or off. Still has some stumbling issues (with AC on) when returning to idle at low speed, but it is 100000 times better than not being able to use the AC at idle at all. With the AC off it works perfectly now.

2. Installed a Hallman Pro Rx manual boost controller. No more boost bleed/leak at all. I now have the full 10.5psi all the way to 7000 rpms. :) I can now chirp third gear pretty easily...

3. Changed my gauge setup to something a little more aesthetically pleasing. Also turned out to be more functional as well. I like this much better. See pics.

And the bad news... we couldn't get enough guys for the dyno, so I still have no idea what this thing actually puts down. Suck. I was really looking forward to that. I have rescheduled it for sometime in October/November. Hopefully more guys will want to go out there when it is cooler.

Leave a comment:

• Schnitzer318is
    replied
    Originally posted by s_ribs View Post
    I will guess 165whp (which I'm told is about as accurate as seat of the pants guesses). ;-)
    LOL I hope not. My car dyno'd 137whp before any boost. If I only gained 28whp, I'll sell the car the day after the dyno. ;)

Leave a comment:

• s_ribs
    replied
    I will be happy with anything around 200rwhp but everyone who has been in my car guesses 220rwhp.

I will guess 165whp (which I'm told is about as accurate as seat of the pants guesses). ;-)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X