No announcement yet.

'77 MkI Rabbit content inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's ok Heeter, I don't expect the newbs to understand our complex relationship. ;)

Comment

Progress update for 12/02/09:

Rear bumper, tails, side markers removed:

Not bad for 32 year old tails, OEM Hellas. Gonna polish them out, and either do the corners red, or smoke them, not sure yet:

Original badges in perfect shape, going to respray them black and hand-paint the raised sections:

The extent of the body damage. This is ALL there is. I might just clean up the rust, drill holes on each side, and stitch it back together with zip ties: :D

The only real bad area of paint on the car, besides the roof. Not sure how to tackle this part yet:

Mint-condition dash panel and gauge pod that I got for free from a friend:

Bumper and grill out, need to pull the headlights still, no damage to body:

Bumpers in damn near perfect shape, just need some new paint, then I'll tuck and reinstall them:

Original owner's manual and warranty/maintenance booklets found in glovebox. I should send in the warranty card and see what happens. :D

Comment

Thats a killer project! Congrats!

COTM

Comment

Just got a pair of really good condition cloth MkII Jetta seats for free, and a set of ET18 13" E21 wheels in trade for my E30's leather rear seat.

Comment

holy crap batman i would rock that thing!

had to

91 Apeshit Craze Godzilla powered s13:hitler:
            86 Porsche 944
            89 E30 325I
            94 Mitsubishi Mighty Max
            96 Ford Contour SVT
            88 Honda Accord Hatchback
            ~Mike W.

Comment

fix that rust, Josh. solid Mk1 s are hard to come by and dont deserve to be ruined by hoodride-ing them and letting them rust.

There is a guy who instructs at some of the driving schools around here who has a Mk1 with a 1.8t in it - it is kind of nutty. Dunno what it weighs but it is feather light.
              Current Cars
              2014 M235i
              2009 R56 Cooper S
              1998 M3
              1997 M3

Comment

Fixing that rust/torn spot at the back and on the roof will require finding a paint match, which might be pretty damn hard to do, considering the age of the paint and how much it's faded. I really hope I can without it getting too expensive.

Comment

I think I have VW recaros in my e30..
                  Its weird they are tan sprayed black. With black fishnet headrests...ahh
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                  1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                  1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                  1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Sounds like S2k seats.

PM me for detailing services in the Longmont / Boulder Area in Colorado!
                    Originally posted by DTM190
                    "fuck the kangaroo dude, his toilet water swirls the wrong way anyway, plus i never liked crocodile dundee or Steve Irwin and vegemite tastes like shit"

Comment

Originally posted by Janderson View Post
                      Fixing that rust/torn spot at the back and on the roof will require finding a paint match, which might be pretty damn hard to do, considering the age of the paint and how much it's faded. I really hope I can without it getting too expensive.
                      Even if you two tone it with black (satin or otherwise) - preserve it!!!!!!

I wish I could find the pics of a local guy's MK1. He is a German transplant and brought over his Mk1 golf - and it is, I think the same color. Actually saw pics of it being uncrated after shipping. He is on som crazy Schmidt wheels and has an 034 controlled 1.8t in it.
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

This is dope man i've always wanted a rabbit to mess around with...kid I know got a black one for 500 bucks...slammed its on widened steelies w/ stretched 13 inch tires and it was sick...He got pulled over for "Being too low"

Comment

I'm going to do what I can with all of that, I'm going to start photoshopping some options of what I can do color-wise, we'll see what I can come up with. I want to do a 16v in it down the road, if I can find one on the cheap. But for now, I just want to get it running.

I can't wait to get those E21 wheels cleaned up and get some teeny tires on them, I bet they'll look sick. I actually haven't seen a VW dropped on them yet, which kind of surprises me. They're ET18, so I bet they'll sit pretty good, maybe even better with spacers.

There's a guy here in town with an original-owner MkI Jetta coupe, silver with a full Zender kit and Rial wheels, all ordered by him as factory options, with European delivery. I have to get pics of it one of these days, it's fooking amazing.

Comment

Nice find! My dad had one of these when I was younger, maybe even so teh same paint. Cant wait to see it slammed!

Comment

I just found a guy down the street with two of these, and a sporttruck model, one of them is for sale. Now I'm getting interested...

Comment

windshield frame rust on a VW... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?!?!?!?!?!

Originally posted by vlad
                                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Working...
                                X