Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UN-HEARD OF. I know.

Comment

I'm not that big into VW's, but i can't wait to see how this turns out. And evenmore so with those wheels.

1992 BMW 325iC
      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Even if you two tone it with black (satin or otherwise) - preserve it!!!!!!
        I agree with Dave. Definitely take care of the rust. You don't really have a choice with the rust under the windshield, right? So you will have to do something with that paint. Since the rest of the paint should be pretty glossy I would at the very least do gloss black on the cowl and roof. If the rest of the paint on the car cleans up well and is uniform, you should be able to get paint color matched. Single stage paint is dirt cheap too, so I would go that route. I imagine you will be much happier with it and when you do decide to sell the thing, it will be worth quite a bit more. You could do the fender too. It is actually really easy to do single stage as well, so you could do it yourself and color sand, cut, polish and wax.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoJ's View Post
          I agree with Dave. Definitely take care of the rust. You don't really have a choice with the rust under the windshield, right? So you will have to do something with that paint. Since the rest of the paint should be pretty glossy I would at the very least do gloss black on the cowl and roof. If the rest of the paint on the car cleans up well and is uniform, you should be able to get paint color matched. Single stage paint is dirt cheap too, so I would go that route. I imagine you will be much happier with it and when you do decide to sell the thing, it will be worth quite a bit more. You could do the fender too. It is actually really easy to do single stage as well, so you could do it yourself and color sand, cut, polish and wax.
          I have to agree with this. Although I have no experience myself if my paint was single stage I would be respraying it myself.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

this is such a sweet car! im going to talk my sister into getting something like this so i can work on it.
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              I have to agree with this. Although I have no experience myself if my paint was single stage I would be respraying it myself.
              What color? There is no reason you can't use single stage paint if you are doing the whole car. Unless it's metallic I guess.

Comment

Good find josh!

Comment

Cool car. My winter beater is a 82' Rabbit with a built 2L 8v, close ratio 5 speed, shocks/springs/sways, and corrado seats. More fun to drive on the street than my e30.
                  '91 318is
                  sigpic

Comment

I just thought of something. I have a hookup at a local sign & vinyl place, I bet I could get a pretty damn close color match and have the cowl and the roof vinyl wrapped.

I would also really like to find some of these flares:

Last edited by Jand3rson; 12-03-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

You should drop in a 2.slow with a 5 speed. They are dirt cheap and in a lighter car are quite quick.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
                        You should drop in a 2.slow with a 5 speed. They are dirt cheap and in a lighter car are quite quick.
                        meh, 1.8t or vr6 i say, a little more cash up front but makes for more power and more possiblity. im saving for a 1.8t swap into my mk1.
                        Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                        every time an M-tech 1 spoiler is destroyed, a baby seal dies.
                        Originally posted by Jparkr
                        The last thing we need are more of the retards on here thinking they are engineers too.
                        87 325:83 jetta coupe:99 volvo c70:99 volvo s70

Comment

Good news today, the heater that I put inside the car has not only dried out all of the moisture in the floor and in the dash, but has also almost completely dried out the foam carpet pad, too!

I also just stopped by a local sign/vinyl place, and found out it's only going to cost me about $100-200 max to have the roof and cowl wrapped in whatever color/pattern vinyl I want.

Carpet really isn't in bad shape at all. A few passes with the steam cleaner, should be just fine:

Stripped like your mom:

Rabbit sauna:

Comment

I like I like.. Go on...

Except fix the rust, don't give in to the VW trends of ruining MK1's.
                            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

I can see the thing turning out to be pretty bad ass :D

Comment

Originally posted by Brian 89 325i View Post
                                I can see the thing turning out to be pretty bad ass :D
                                It will be, don't worry. This thing will also be built to handle like it's on rails. Coilovers, sways, front and rear braces, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X