No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marulan would be the perfect track for the car - very narrow. I've been there before and I have to say it's more fun than Wakefield
    Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Will be my first time. I'm pretty keen :)
      - Chris
      Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Car is on the trailer and prepped. I managed to get the digital dash in and hooked up so I now have a speedo! Dash is doing Tacho, Speedo, Laptiming, Shiftlights and a gear indicator, all from power and a tach signal, the rest is calculated using the GPS. Its pretty sick!

Never been so amped to go for a race.
        - Chris

Comment

Pics farken! Where's pics?!
          Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

on route ninja....its just hard to take them at night :) hopefully I will get some incar VIDEO over the weekend!
            - Chris

Comment

hows the e85 working for you???

Comment

As well as the turbo is :) I haven't finished the build yet. From all accounts of people over here racing turbocharged cars. E85 is the way to go. People are swapping out their 8.5:1 forged pistons for 14:1 and lowering boost levels down (in the catergory I plan to run, turbos have a restrictor). The idea is you are limited in the amount of air the turbo can suck, so you have to compress the air more to get a bigger bang.

I think I will be able to make great power on the standard bottom end and the E85 will help it last a bit longer than one track day :)
                - Chris

Comment

We should talk about E85 and turbos as I'm picking up my M52 tomorrow and the eventual plan for that involves sleeves, a GT4088R and lots of tyre smoke. :)
                  Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

I like your plans. One day I would like copious moneys and a suitable project to consume them :)

consider it a topic to cover on the R3V beers and cruise?
                    - Chris

Comment

I believe so, mate, I believe so... :)

*wanders off into sunset stroking beard and sipping mango daquiri*

PS: good luck at the track day. You'll have a ferkin' blast!
                      Pork Hunt Motorsport

Comment

Did I mentioned I'm pumped, fuck I need this, been driving like a dick on the roads :p
                        - Chris

Comment

Video camera fail. But I got some pics. WIll upload them when I'm not feeling like complete ass.

Disconnected rear swaybar to optimise drive/ kill the oversteer and broke the fornt swaybar link next session out...LOL.

New front links are in the works now and camber tops are on the drawings board. Spherical bearing price awaiting confirmation before we progress to the fabrication of said tops. Camber tops should allow me to add 40mm to the current suspension bump travel or in other words double it!
                          - Chris

Comment

Here's some pictures of the beasty in action. I'm behind the camera not the wheel ;) Me and Dad had a great day punting the car around the short track (1.0km) and at the end of it all weren't going too slowly either. We were both down under 47 second laps which is reportly the mark to beat. I had a best of 46.6 after the broken swaybar link fiasco, which initially cost me about a second. a 45 second lap is apparently very impressive for 100hp :)

And just to give you guys who don't live over this side of the pond some perspective this is a of the track:

And an S2K Doing similar sort of lap times to me.

Project Time AttackHonda S2000Went to test my new setup, specifically the coilovers, non-staggered semi-slicks and the front sway bar. Ended up having the wh...
                            - Chris

Comment

That track looks like a blast!!
                              Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Sure was man!

I sure am a Happy waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles today:

$350 AUD shipped! Freaking steal :D

And for all the whinging buggers out there, here is how the office finished up after my shifter mods and the temporary fitment of the digi dash:

Currently the car is laid up while I find some funds for a new set of tyres aand make some suspension mods. First on the agenda is fixing the Front Swar bar links:

It only gets worse with more bump. I'm close to a solution however.
                                - Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X