No announcement yet.

e30guydownunder: Project M42, probs definitely got more power than your S50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wats a gx wagon, with wrx trick bits going to run me though? I only have about 7k and its tied up in a shitbox 318iS. Seats comfy?
    - Chris
    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
      Wats a gx wagon, with wrx trick bits going to run me though? I only have about 7k and its tied up in a shitbox 318iS. Seats comfy?

$7k could get you some pretty decent turbo Subarus. Gen1 RS Lib wagon or early (94-96) WRX wagon is in your price range.

$7k turbo GX/WRX conversion would be stretching it. $10k is more like it.

A mate's Gen2 sedan. He'd take $7500 i reckon

Gen1 Legacy wags in Melb

Gen1 GX-WRX conversion near you
      Last edited by Iain; 05-20-2010, 04:58 PM.
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I've done some calculations and the tangential loads are hardly affected. I've done it and used the bimmerworld links and i tove the results. Noticeably quicker turn in.

Actually somebody did ask on E30tech :)

In much the same way I have gone to great lengths to reduce the angles involved with the standard setup, the combination of two rod ends didn't have enough angular scope in it to cope with an M3 styled link configuration.

It would have required balljoint ends. Besides the fact that it would have then essentially doubled the effectiveness of the sway bar and required a change in sway diameter.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

So my shiny new wheels have tyres mounted. They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square). The fitment is fucking spot on, the rain halted progress halfway thru, so I have only mounted the drivers side.

Pics will be up on Sunday, going to check out Superlap tomorrow. Fucking awesome.

To top it off I found a crappy 17mm socket kicking round in the toolbox that fits in my tuner lug sized holes. Not needing studs and tuner lugs? AWESOME

Totally happy with the look, but it definitely accentuates how much I should really bring the front down another 15mm or so.

Further to all this awesomeness I checked the Massive Brakes Supersized brake kit template in the XXR's and the caliper still clears the spokes, I was a bit worried about all the concavity. SO that means I now have two sets of wheels that would fit, as my previous 15" also had plenty of clearence.
          - Chris

Comment

So my shiny new wheels have tyres mounted. They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square). The fitment is fucking spot on, the rain halted progress halfway thru, so I have only mounted the drivers side.

Pics will be up on Sunday, going to check out Superlap tomorrow. Fucking awesome.

To top it off I found a crappy 17mm socket kicking round in the toolbox that fits in my tuner lug sized holes. Not needing studs and tuner lugs? AWESOME

Totally happy with the look, but it definitely accentuates how much I should really bring the front down another 15mm or so.

Further to all this awesomeness I checked the Massive Brakes Supersized brake kit template in the XXR's and the caliper still clears the spokes, I was a bit worried about all the concavity. SO that means I now have two sets of wheels that would fit, as my previous 15" also had plenty of clearence.
            Damn you :( I was meant to be going down to sydney for superlap but one of my mates decided to complicate things so now a bunch of people I know Including clutch-monkey are down there while I'm up here. While your there have a look out for his Purple porsche :P It's hard to miss.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

They have what I think is the perfect amount of stretch (IE nearly square).
              Good on ya mate.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                I've done some calculations and the tangential loads are hardly affected. I've done it and used the bimmerworld links and i tove the results. Noticeably quicker turn in.
                Interesting. Your moving the location for about half way on the control arm to nearly 100% inlne with outboard control point (I believe the spring motion ratio is 0.88 ). When I had purchased the sway bars I raised the M3 link idea and was advsed against them due to preloading the bar when turning? Have you found this to be an issue? I spose the other way to look at is The M division changed it, and mus have done so for a reason.

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                Damn you :( I was meant to be going down to sydney for superlap but one of my mates decided to complicate things so now a bunch of people I know Including clutch-monkey are down there while I'm up here. While your there have a look out for his Purple porsche :P It's hard to miss.
                Haha, fucking bitches. Purple as in maroon, with balck 3 piece wheels? Turbo? For sale for $50k. Then yer we saw it, and we were droolling

Originally posted by dirtysix View Post
                Good on ya mate.
                Haha, I'm all about the flush fitment, but gotta have some meaty rubber on those wide wheels
                - Chris

Comment

Haha, fucking bitches. Purple as in maroon, with balck 3 piece wheels? Turbo? For sale for $50k. Then yer we saw it, and we were droolling
                  Nah nah, its more a grape/ribena colour. And has silver 3 peice wheels. 964 turbo/gt2

Here just look at pics of it instead :P
                  I was sitting at a fancy restaurant for breakfast with the folks many years ago, when I caught a glimpse of this amazing lime/apple colour t...

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                    Nah nah, its more a grape/ribena colour. And has silver 3 peice wheels. 964 turbo/gt2

Here just look at pics of it instead :P
                    http://downshiftezine.blogspot.com/2010/05/hero.html
                    Yeh no shit, that car is smoking hot. Did not see it however.

Well I finished rolling my guards and got my wheels mounted up today, very happy with the fitment and the new look.

Before:

After:

Hella Flush:

That rear left guard actually needs bit more rolling down the rear of the guard, but otherwise the fitment is spot on. I see flares and bigger tyres in the future, but for now this is sufficient.
                    - Chris

Comment

Yo Iain I need a login to checkout those links....maybe print as pdf's and email to me?
                      - Chris

Comment

I have heard of some people on s14 complaining about preload issues on their supper slammed rides. But some of those complaints were from people still using stock links and probably had the links pre loaded at all times. I have not had a chance to properly flog it since doing the change but all preliminary testing show towards positive gains. I'm sure with some fine tuning it can really be dialed in.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Everyone knows your not hella flush until your rocking at least 5x that camber.... :P

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Showing the kids how to fit rubber since ages ago.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              I have heard of some people on s14 complaining about preload issues on their supper slammed rides. But some of those complaints were from people still using stock links and probably had the links pre loaded at all times. I have not had a chance to properly flog it since doing the change but all preliminary testing show towards positive gains. I'm sure with some fine tuning it can really be dialed in.
                              Good things to know. I might look into it when I'm moving the sway bar around to the front of the cross member.

Thanks for the compliments guys, atleast it will look awesome on track while I'm going heaps slow :D
                              - Chris

Comment

Chris, PM me your email.

Car looks sweet - I love the lack of stretch/poke/hellafag
                                Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Working...
                                X