No announcement yet.

My E30M3 S14B23 -> S50B32 -> RB26DETT. We are alive!! p.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know there is a BMW part to block off the Air pump at the head right? Costs very little..

I like your garage! Could do with one myself :)
    ///M Inside

Comment

Originally posted by Jhonno View Post
      You know there is a BMW part to block off the Air pump at the head right? Costs very little..

I like your garage! Could do with one myself :)
      I did not know that, but the welding of it cost me nothing :) That is cheaper.

evil_twin : When media blasting the oil filter housing I also used glass. It is very very fine sand with glass balls in it I think.
      1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26
      2016 VW Polo 1.2 TSI R-Line

Originally posted by 5spoke
      Fucking norway and your sick clean ass e30's! Yes i am yelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Horsepower View Post
        I did not know that, but the welding of it cost me nothing :) That is cheaper..
        You didn't pay for the welding wire and the gas then..? :)
        ///M Inside

Comment

Nope, nothing at all. I did it on work one day, just TIG welded it with no thread adding. Then I helium-leak tested it to be sure it's not going to leak. We have a special machine that sucks vacuum and then I have a gun that I point to the weld with helium coming out from the tip. If there is a leak, the machine that sucks vacuum will indicate it.
          1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

sick. I need to find a glass beader media blaster.
            I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
            2875-C Towerview Road
            Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

The glass works well for parts like these. But for painted parts and rust it don't work that well.
              1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

Sick project! your m3 is beautiful too.
                Thats kind of a bummer about the e36 being tore apart but oh well its finding a better home anyway lol.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

You could fit another set of tires over the ones you put on those OZs. :(

Everything else is awesome.
                  cars beep boop

Comment

I figured for painted and rusted parts, I'm going to try the electrolysis.
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                      You could fit another set of tires over the ones you put on those OZs. :(

Everything else is awesome.
                      If you want E36 balloon tire size yes. These are 18" OZ Mitos my friend, so there is no room for more tires.

215/35-18 at front and 225/35-18 rear. The 235/35-18 is a VERY expensive size, and only Pirelli P-Zero I could find with that size. The rear tires will be gone in a minute as soon as this train is up and running I'm afraid :D
                      1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

Originally posted by evil_twin View Post
                        I figured for painted and rusted parts, I'm going to try the electrolysis.
                        Yes, but you will have to get the rust and paint removed before doing that :) For aluminum parts you can anodize the parts.
                        1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

Pirelli is overpriced crap. Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 235/40/18: $172 each from tirerack.com. The Dunlop's a better tire for your S50B32 anyway, and is a great street tire. It doesn't have the Pirelli name, but brand names are retarded anyway. Tire Rack probably would ship to you for added cost.

Not 235/35, but I bet the 235/40 will fit anyway-- PM Mystikal here. Why are you set on 35 section tires? I'd run the 235/40 all around for most grip and being able to rotate tires.

edit- nvm, saw your pics. Stretch tires are retarded, but it's your car.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            Pirelli is overpriced crap. Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs 235/40/18: $172 each from tirerack.com. The Dunlop's a better tire for your S50B32 anyway, and is a great street tire. It doesn't have the Pirelli name, but brand names are retarded anyway. Tire Rack probably would ship to you for added cost.

Not 235/35, but I bet the 235/40 will fit anyway-- PM Mystikal here. Why are you set on 35 section tires? I'd run the 235/40 all around for most grip and being able to rotate tires.

edit- nvm, saw your pics. Stretch tires are retarded, but it's your car.
                            I run Toyo Proxes T1-R and are happy with them. And if you do a calculation on the % of the rolling diameter of the tire, you will see that 235/40 will be WAY too big on an E30. Mine did rub a bit at front with 215/40-17. You will also have a balloon look.

My car is mainly a show and street car that is also used on the track. If I is going to run lap times I put on 17" with semi slicks for the track.

I want a German-Stuk over my car and I love stretched tires. I wanted 10" rim for the rear, but Claus at Felgen-Garage did not have parts to make them in 10" with the offset I wanted.

I KNOW that stretched tires is not as good as a tire that fills up the rim. I tracked my car with 8.5x17 with 215/40 and 10x17 with 245/35, and I kept up with a S38B38 powered, E36M3 front suspension E30M3 on 17" semi slicks in the corners.

Only I can say is, wait till you see the final result of the car. Maybe you will change your mind on the LOOK of it. And I will be the one to judge rather it is useless or not. :)

Glad you shared your thoughts though :)
                            1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

thanks for the write up-i'll be using this as a basis on my euro s50 swap:)
                              quick ?....how will you be using the e34m5 booster dual chamber booster? are you going to mount it remotely like on the e34 540 or 740i?
                              i'll be doing the said mod...my swap will consist of the remote 740i booster/mc using the brackets from the same car-it should look like this(akg website pic):
                              Attached Files

Comment

I will post pictures of the booster when it's mounted. It will be mounted on the fire wall, using the joint from the stock booster. I will then have to cut a little bit of the intake plenum an weld. I have not decided if I'm going to remote the reservoir or not yet. Have to see how much it does build and how the access will be.

If you place the booster in the 540 place, I think air filter will be an issue or it will be a tight fit.
                                1987 BMW E30 M3 RB26

Comment

Working...
                                X