Getting rid of the S52...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Holland
    replied
    I think this thread is heading 54 steps forward.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by Be30mer
    3.6 liter v8 with 200hp. hmmm sounds like a great engine!
    Dude you just have to let it breathe.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    You have thor confused with me.
    I'm a lot closer to having a mullet though..

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    350 SBC with a Edelbrock 600 CFM carb.

    Let the mullet flow.
    You have thor confused with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    With soft, supple OEM tape, who needs glue?
    Because you want people to stare between the cases and think a bull rhino just dumped a load of nut-paste in there over how awesome your engine is.

    Tape is only for those stealth types who are building epic sleepers. :giggle:

    Leave a comment:


  • Be30mer
    replied
    3.6 liter v8 with 200hp. hmmm sounds like a great engine!

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    Balla status - x2 M10s glued together.
    With soft, supple OEM tape, who needs glue?

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    Balla status - x2 M10s glued together.

    Teh Beemah V8 can nevah loose!!!onejuan

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Fortunately, I hardly ever drink. So I can't blame poor judgement on that..

    Motor A is a 4-banger from a '74 2002tii. Lot's of patina on that one.. ha.
    Bah. I was thinking it could be an M10.

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    S38 should have a DOHC head ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Hey man, one of these nights you'll be drunk, maybe just got a new credit card or two and feel like impulsively starting a streak of fiscal irresponsibility... and it'll be too late.

    Oh well. I was thinking single cam, double head when you said that but the only other inline motor I can think of that would put out that much is a modified S54/S38. Can't tell what motor A is either, but given the non-serpentine nature of the belts and the M20 era look I'd call it an S38.
    Fortunately, I hardly ever drink. So I can't blame poor judgement on that..

    Motor A is a 4-banger from a '74 2002tii. Lot's of patina on that one.. ha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Ha, that's roughly $27k US! That motor wouldn't suite this particular E30. It would be nice in my E36 M3 though :). The motor I will be running will make roughly the same crank horsepower (360-380ish) and be a LOT easier to drive on the street.
    Hey man, one of these nights you'll be drunk, maybe just got a new credit card or two and feel like impulsively starting a streak of fiscal irresponsibility... and it'll be too late.

    Oh well. I was thinking single cam, double head when you said that but the only other inline motor I can think of that would put out that much is a modified S54/S38. Can't tell what motor A is either, but given the non-serpentine nature of the belts and the M20 era look I'd call it an S38, but it doesn't look like one.
    Last edited by Wh33lhop; 03-01-2010, 06:10 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Ha, that's roughly $27k US! That motor wouldn't suite this particular E30. It would be nice in my E36 M3 though :). The motor I will be running will make roughly the same crank horsepower (360-380ish) and be a LOT easier to drive on the street.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied


    Hey. I'm JUST sayin'.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    Cloth tape > crystal meth

    How many gears will the gearbox being used have? 5 or 6? And how much does the gearbox weigh?
    Yes, and the cloth tape is an equally expensive habit. You've gotta pay if you wanna play..

    The gearbox used will most likely have 5 gears. Still pending though. A friend of mine has a Euro E36 Evo 6-speed box and an S54 6-speed box. I've been trying to pry them from him for a while but haven't had much success. I don't really have much need for overdrive with this car and I'd like to keep the weight down so those are a couple of reasons why I'm not terribly keen on using the 6-speed box.

    Leave a comment:

Working...