Getting rid of the S52...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rThor432
    replied
    S52B32 engine on the ground and halway through packaging for the long trip to New York--


    Empty shell--


    Since we dropped the suspension with the motor and trans, I thought it was a good time to weld in the TMS subframe reinforcements that I've had around forever. I also removed the old power-steering rack (which was being run as a non-power rack anyway) in favor of a nice clean Euro non-power rack that I've had in the garage for a year or so.

    Different racks. Added fresh tie-rods to the Euro rack--


    Different linkage--

    Leave a comment:


  • rafiki
    replied
    sooo whats nextt

    Leave a comment:


  • e30s52
    replied
    What is going in its place?

    I have the same thoughts as you right now of getting some with more power.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    started a topic Getting rid of the S52...

    Getting rid of the S52...

    Hey. I snapped a couple of pictures of my E30's together at work Saturday before I removed the S52 from my old '87 eS. I've had that motor for a bit over a year now and it's time to try something else.. Usually I have a bad habit of getting rid of a car within a year of buying it, but I'm sort of attached to this old chassis. I thought I'd start a project thread (for once) to keep track of what's going on with the car. Even if nobody cares, it'll be easier for me to look back through everything.

    Here are my cars in front of the shop where I work--

    Schwarz '87 325eS and Diamondschwarz '85 eta-








    S52B32 engine in the car-
Working...