Getting rid of the S52...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rThor432
    replied
    Finally... a little update--

    After a little over a month of waiting, my engine finally arrived. Apparently the engine crossed the country in roughly 4 days to sit ignored in a terminal in Florida for another 30 days until I bugged the seller into rattling their cage about it...



    Unnecessary second picture--


    Can't wait to get started fitting it now :).

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Thanks Stu. Yeah, please come by when you are in town! We always hang out til 11 or so on Wednesdays at the shop. Sort of a club gathering thing, though it's open to everyone really. It would be nice if I could have it ready for the Vineyard event, although I think that yould be an optimistic goal for this year. Maybe Oktoberfest at Road Atlanta? Ha I just can't wait to drive the old thing again.

    Thanks Jason! Yeah I think they'll look slick once I refinish and polish on them a bit.. I've had these wheels forever and it's nice to finally see them on the car.

    Unfortunately I had a minor set-back with the front suspension-- one of the srut housings is bent. The distance between the tire and tube is different by 3/4" and the drivers side has 3-4degrees of positive camber.. Kinda bummed about that.
    Last edited by rThor432; 03-19-2010, 03:16 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Those 5 lug turbos look HOT on a black car!

    Leave a comment:


  • Stu
    replied


    I'll have to stop by next time I'm in CLT. Those wheels look tits with your bumpers/etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by FredK
    Hey, are you trying to keep stock engine management on this project?
    Hey Fred, do the calipers look familiar?

    I'm not sure right now. I talked to Jason[89i] a while back and Alex (from ABL) recently and after seeing the success that they are having with a quicky dyno tune with the DTA I'm thinking that I will go that route. I've got a friend at Bimmerworld and my original plan was to have them cut the DME for my application and be done with the setup at that.

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Hey, are you trying to keep stock engine management on this project?

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    5x120 Ronal Turbo's to roll the chassis around until it gets a heart--



    The first of the engine swap stuff hit the door today. This little package contained a matched DME, key, antenna, and EWS box. I probably won't even be using any of this stuff, but it's nice to have it all so that it is a realistic option--



    Blurry picture--



    I also recieved the alternator and starter for the swap, but those are even less interesting to look at than blurry pictures of keys and EWS boxes. The engine is coming from the same guy, so hopefully the big rig driver will show up tomorrow with the heavy part :D. It feels good to mess with my own stuff again.. it's been too long since I've been able to enjoy working on a car.. Ha.

    Ryan

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Little update--

    I had a chance to play with my car again today (finally), so I went for it. A transformer near work blew sometime around 4 in the afternoon, so no air and the lifts wouldn't work. Since I had to go old-school on it I just did the front end for now.

    I decided that these little 20 year old brakes weren't up to the task of properly stopping a hard driven S52 a long time ago. Since they definitely won't be able to stop the new engine any better, I decided to start installing my 5-lug stuff. Stock brakes for now. I'll probably go for a Massive kit when I decide on my next static spring/shock or coil-over setup.

    Dinky little old stocker brakes--



    Here's a shot of the swaybar mount reinforcement. MitchM donated these to my cause--



    Refreshed brakes--



    Leave a comment:


  • gone002
    replied
    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Dude you just have to let it breathe.


    humm...that concept sounds familiar?!!?!?

    Leave a comment:


  • FredK
    replied
    Originally posted by JasonC
    You have thor confused with me.


    I don't have sigs turned on, so I didn't realize you were doing two 383 strokers. In an S-15... that would be a monster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Coyote_ar
    replied
    why stop at 4?

    Leave a comment:


  • Coyote_ar
    replied
    why stop at 4?

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Iain
    You could run three M10s - two as a V8 and the third inverted in the valley - with MTI all 'round. Triangle motors FTW?
    Why stop at three? He could make an X40.

    Leave a comment:


  • Iain
    replied
    You could run three M10s - two as a V8 and the third inverted in the valley - with MTI all 'round. Triangle motors FTW?

    Leave a comment:


  • TexasTerp
    replied
    mmmm two turbo and supercharged m10s glued together...that's the way it should be, the real bmw v8

    Leave a comment:

Working...