Getting rid of the S52...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by 87e30
    Tire size, wheel size, offset? Setup looks nice and agressive, I like it.
    The tires are 225/50/15. Wheels are 15x8 with an offset of et22. They are also hubcentric-- the wheels are 100% direct fit, which is the main reason I bought them.

    Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    Still want those K1s, still have no money. Good luck dude. :up:
    They are always availible.. :) I might run them on my eta for a few DE's while this car is down to get some of the life out of the tires. Those tires (RS2's) hate me for driving 80-100 miles a day on the highway, they need some harder driving.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Jean
    The only reason to dump s52 would be to drop in s38, s54 or lsx imho :) So which one is it?
    Originally posted by ryno
    S50b32 ?
    It'll be inline :).

    Leave a comment:


  • 318isbmw
    replied
    Can't wait to see what comes next. I like where your headed, 5 lug and all.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    Oh, we care. ;) Looking forward to following your progress. Still want those K1s, still have no money. Good luck dude. :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Euro s50 I'm guessing as well.

    Leave a comment:


  • onaquest
    replied
    S50b32 ?

    Leave a comment:


  • 87e30
    replied
    Tire size, wheel size, offset? Setup looks nice and agressive, I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jean
    replied
    The only reason to dump s52 would be to drop in s38, s54 or lsx imho :) So which one is it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    Originally posted by rThor432
    Yeah, I have tons of parts that have been waiting to be installed for a long, long time now. I usually work 7 days a week and on the odd day that I don't have to work I'm too worn out to accomplish anything. When I put this car together I didn't have much time so I had the old 2.7l M20 out and the S52 in and running in 4 5-hour days. I couldn't stand to be out of an E30 for a long time. Now that I've got a back-up E30 to drive daily along with my E36 M3 I'll be able to leave this car dead in the water to work on long-term. By long term, I mean that I intend to drive it to Vintage at the Vineyards in May (iirc it's in May this year..).

    Yeah get it running for the vintage, I might be up there this year.

    Leave a comment:


  • Rodoni
    replied
    LOL at the ride height.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Originally posted by Zacm829
    At least you are doing all the little stuff while the car is down, I'm sure it will all add up in the end. Looks great so far.
    Yeah, I have tons of parts that have been waiting to be installed for a long, long time now. I usually work 7 days a week and on the odd day that I don't have to work I'm too worn out to accomplish anything. When I put this car together I didn't have much time so I had the old 2.7l M20 out and the S52 in and running in 4 5-hour days. I couldn't stand to be out of an E30 for a long time. Now that I've got a back-up E30 to drive daily along with my E36 M3 I'll be able to leave this car dead in the water to work on long-term. By long term, I mean that I intend to drive it to Vintage at the Vineyards in May (iirc it's in May this year..).

    Leave a comment:


  • alpinee30m50
    replied
    Originally posted by e30s52
    What is going in its place?

    I have the same thoughts as you right now of getting some with more power.
    Sooooo when this happens will it be sold to me?

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    Need pictures of the power plant! At least you are doing all the little stuff while the car is down, I'm sure it will all add up in the end. Looks great so far.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    Front engine mount location prepped for the reinforcement plate(s)--


    First plate welded in and sealed/painted--


    Second plate tacked into place--


    Connected the dots--


    Painted for now--


    Subframe and new-old rack hung the car--


    In need of a clean, badly--


    And done for the night--


    I would have installed the 5-lug suspension tonight, but of course I forgot to order front rotors... So that will be my next "update". All of that is reinforced as well and I've turned the wishbone style trailing arms into A-arms like the early DTM arms.

    The only pictures I have from that are from the caliper rebuild process (roughly a month ago)--


    Last edited by rThor432; 03-03-2010, 08:51 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • rThor432
    replied
    I'm going to post up "teaser" pictures of the new powerplant tomorrow. I already had the shop shut down before I took pictures of it, and there is no light in that storage trailer with the power down. I dropped the ball on that one.. I'm trying to get used to taking pictures of things as I do them, I'm not used to this.

    Leave a comment:

Working...