No announcement yet.

318is M52 Vortech Supercharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the Massive FIA sidemount brackets, they use the stock E30 sliders.

Comment

Updates from the last few months.

I replaced the old deteriorated rubber fuel boot.

Old boot falling apart

New boot installed

Got a new Alpine White II sticker for the engine bay

I found some S52 cams for a good price and picked them up.

They had very minor scoring on one of the bearing surfaces so I had them polished at Delta cams in Tacoma WA.

Comment

How much was the polish? I have some s50 cams i need done.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I ordered up all the parts needed to do the cam swap including a TRM tune. I took my car over to my friend Jparkr's shop Accuracy Automotive to do the cam swap. With his help we were able to get it all done and back together in about 4 hours.

Taking coil packs off

Valve cover off

Had to modify my cam locks a little bit

Cam and crank locked

Vanos Removed

M52 cams out S52 cams going in

Ready to install vanos

Vanos in valve cover back on and coil packs being reinstalled

Engine done

Now I just had to switch out the chip in the DME with the new TRM tune.

I reinstalled the DME and now the car pulls much harder up top with the S52 cams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wishno87 View Post
            How much was the polish? I have some s50 cams i need done.
            They did mine for free but it was just one that was not very bad at all. They also said that they were trying to source billet cam blanks for 24v engines so they could make any cam you wanted.

Comment

Got some Euro Smiles sent from my friend in Germany. Finally no more sealed beams.

And the reason why I do not have the supercharger on yet is because I spent all summer driving my car and did not feel like taking it apart. Now that winter is here I will start on it soon I just have a few other project that I have to finish first.

Maryhill Loops road

Then in August I did the Waterwerks Auto-x.

Comment

That video is awesome!

Comment

You must have used some PX-90 to secure first place bud.

1987 PRO-3 car /1990 325is (2.7i Concours)

Comment

holy shit.. been a long time since I checked this thread..

mad props.
                    CRAZY mad props..
                    -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Isn't it against the law to drive on the road? I've heard it's only open to bikes/pedestrians. Or do you know someone? Besides the point, awesome looking car. Nice job.
                      Matt

Comment

I want to see what you have done with the supercharger!! UPDATE THIS THREAD!!!
                        Don't worry I'm working on Jparkr's Pro3 in this picture.

Comment

I have switched cars for the winter and started working on the E30. I haven't done much to it but I did charge up my camera and found a bunch of old pictures. I think a few of these may have already been posted but most of the previous pictures are all shitty cell phone. So here are some more taken with my shitty point and shoot.

Painting the engine bay: My engine bay was covered in cosmolene and had a few brackets that were being unused with my old M50NV so I started removing the unused brackets and prepping it for paint. This was my first time painting a car, at least it is the engine bay so if I mess it up it's not the end of the world.

This is after about a week of sanding on it after work, ready for base coat.

After the base coat I sprayed the clear.

This is after it dried, when I sprayed it I put water on the floor to catch hold the dust and over spray, worked out great.

Changed out the antenna gasket while waiting for the paint to dry.

Comment

Putting the car back together with new M52B28:

Cleaned up my ZF 320 Transmission, I got this out of a wrecked E46 that only had about 50k on it so it wasn't too dirty to start with.

Cleaned the oil pan up.

Miscellaneous pictures of the engine getting cleaned and put together. Lots of new hardware.

The engine bay is back together, some other things that I did but never took pictures of are the TIG welded reinforced subframe, 95 M3 sterring rack, new lemforder control arms and AKG bushings.

Ignore the chewed up oil filter housing cap, it's just a temp. I had a new one ready to swap out.

Comment

Rebuilding BBS RM:

Rear end: I dropped the subframe out of the car to replace the bushings and do some reinforcing.

New bushings for the IE 19mm swaybars

Comment

Your car is so clean :(

Comment

Working...
                                X