Sina's BMW 318i: Project Re-Shell & Beyond! (Starting Page 46)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mbonanni
    replied
    What wheels you planning to run?

    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • e30saam
    replied
    I'm glad you're ditching the eibachs. I got some used for dirt cheap and put them on my car, but they were too soft, so I sold them and got some GE coilovers. Now, my ride is firm but comfortable.

    Leave a comment:


  • LJ851
    replied
    Originally posted by mr 325
    sounds like a great plan.


    +1

    Leave a comment:


  • MR 325
    replied
    Sounds like a great plan.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    I've decided to go in a new direction for the car. Gonna go after a more functional theme, rather than form, with 5lug adapters and such.

    I'm not gonna bother myself too much with the motor at this point other than fix the leaking oil pan gaskets, vc gasket, and throttle cable. It's got high mileage and there isn't much hope left in the bottom end.

    here's my agenda for christmas break after finals this upcoming week:

    -replace shitty eibach's with h&r race springs
    -replace blown bilstein touring shocks in the rear with a pair of billy hd's or sports
    -replace rotors
    -replace pads
    -add spring spacers in the rear
    -install m3 cabs
    -do something about the headlights which suck. thinking of depo smileys.
    -thicker sway bars if i have some $$ left over
    -routine oil/filter change
    -sell the staggered 5lug adapter + 16" style 5 + 205/45/16 setup (will be put up soon)
    -get fenders properly rolled

    basically, i want the car to do what i originally intended it to do, which consisted of being my reliable daily, and also something that I could go and fling around on the hilly backroads with my buddies. the last 4 months with the stancy setup have sucked in terms of fun. yeah, they surely look killer, but my backseats are unusable, i cant put any luggage in the car, i cant take turns hard w/o rubbing, and im constantly scared of curbing them due to how much poke i've got going on with the adapters.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Happy thanksgiving guys..

    Yesterday I went over to Christian's (bernzspeed) and picked up some h&r races.
    Also got to see her super nice alpine 2 door with s52 swap in progress..
    Last edited by freeride53; 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30saam
    replied
    Looks great! I wish I brought my e30 to college, I'll probably bring once I find a nice car cover.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Lmfao some dude on my university's car club facebook page spotted my car and posted this:

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by e30saam
    You're already gonna sell your weaves? IS skirts would look great. An mt1 or e28 spoiler would look great too. I'm trying to find an e28 spoiler for mine.
    It's all in the greater scheme of things ;)

    Re: wheels, I have a surprise in store - have actually had it for a while, just no $$ for refinishing them.
    They're hiding out in the family's garage in L.A.

    I love the flaps, just that they're aren't practical for me anymore.
    The style 5's poke out too far to the point that the flaps aren't fully utilized.
    The kicker is the fact that they're getting bashed so badly where I live.


    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    ;) lbv wink

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • e30saam
    replied
    Originally posted by freeride53

    What's next then?

    Well, I'm currently considering some iS skirts and an M-tech I spoiler.

    Need to still weigh my options.

    Yet again, I have a dreamed up a new idea for a look of the car.

    Here's the most recent photo I have of the car, taken this past weekend.

    You're already gonna sell your weaves? IS skirts would look great. An mt1 or e28 spoiler would look great too. I'm trying to find an e28 spoiler for mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    ugghhh... I want weaves...
    Might be selling mine soon.

    Originally posted by e30saam
    Same here. These are probably the best looking wheels for an e30.
    I agree.

    Removed my mud-flaps this morning. It was just WAY too much.

    My neighborhood has a ton of speed bumps, and I am constantly loosing the hardware (paperclips) that attach them.

    What's next then?

    Well, I'm currently considering some iS skirts and an M-tech I spoiler.

    Need to still weigh my options.

    Yet again, I have a dreamed up a new idea for a look of the car.

    Here's the most recent photo I have of the car, taken this past weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30saam
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    ugghhh... I want weaves...
    Same here. These are probably the best looking wheels for an e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • lambo
    replied
    ugghhh... I want weaves...

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied


    Washed the whippers for the first time in 6 weeks.

    Took it for a lil' cruise from la jolla down through bird rock and pacific beach and back.

    Allesgüt except for a few things that i need to address:

    -fix glovebox
    -fix loose belts screeching loud as fark
    -new window scrapers (notice how the pass window one is completely torn off lol)
    -install m3 cabs (need a lil' help!)
    -install stiffer springs all around (car rubs, scrapes, bumps, and is sketch to drive hard)
    -new speakers in the front
    -wire aux headphone jack a little more cleanly or something
    -get some new VIN matched door locks
    -install NIB VIN matched ignition lock cylinder
    -depo smileys


    also need to temporarily beautify the car...paint/finish is lookin real hooood

    Leave a comment:

Working...