Reap3rs E30 Bought back, Now M52B28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i'll check, they're for my 16" fuchs which are roughly the same width. idk how old they are though.
    Ahh k, Well if they're the right size it may be enough to get me rolling on them for a month or so until I get the money together for tyres :P. Also means I could sell my wheels earlier hahah.

Turbo M42 Build thread:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=169672

Comment

Nice work so far. What front turn signal lenses do you have?
      86Zinno

Comment

Originally posted by 4drPwr View Post
        Nice work so far. What front turn signal lenses do you have?
        They're just some smoked ones that got off ebay many years ago.

Also look what I got today:D

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Just a quick test fit today, Should look the goods :)

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Rolled the guards yesterday, upon doing this realising how incredibly shit my paint seems :(. So today I gave it a hit with a claybar and will give it a polish and wax one night after work.

Also have a ridiculous amount of work at the moment so hopefully I'll have a bit of extra coin to throw into her and get some more updates going :)

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

diggin your car. can't wait to see that dual turbo set-up.
              I'd rather bag your mom than my car :D

Comment

So I managed to get a tyre off clutch-monkey to be able to do some test fitting of my wheels and see what scrubs and what needs modifying ect while I get some cash together for the rest of them :P.

So I got the front tyre fitted 205/55-16 r888 semi, First off I fitted it up front and my first impression I creamed. Absolutely love how it looks, the fitment. Just the whole lot.

The next issue was adressing what seemed to be a quite smaller lock to lock due to it hitting on the inner guards so off came the plastic guard to see if it would help. It did indeed give me some more turning circle so I was happy. Allthough as soon as the inner guard off I happened to come across this little problem.

At least it isn't a serious amount of rust so I cut away the bits that were stuffed gave it a quick hit with some rust converter then undercoated/top coated it quickly. I'll be getting the painter at work to have a look at it and probly weld it all up and fix it.

While I was doing that I also persuaded the area slighlty with a bfh to give me a touch more are for my wheel to turn.

After deciding that I was happy with the fronts I mounted the wheel on the back to see if it would scrub and how it looks.

I'm also extremely happy with how it looks on the rear. Not a chance it will rub with the 205's. The only issue I have is the rear tyres I'm getting off clutch-monkey are 225's and they may have issues. I'll only find out once they're fitted, if they scrape we may have to try and dig away at some of the body protection shit that is under the guards to be able to roll them even more.

Edit- I also polished the car after this :P

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Nice those wheels look much better than the 17"s! what are the specs? Lets see some shot out of the garage after a wash :D

R.H.D
                  M-technic I club

Comment

Haha James, the previous wheels were 18"

The wheels do look great though! and that rust is nothing, should see the rust hanging out of the corolla I recently purchased...kinda wish I hadn't :(
                    - Chris
                    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                      Nice those wheels look much better than the 17"s! what are the specs? Lets see some shot out of the garage after a wash :D
                      I'll be getting more pics once I get them all mounted up :). The wheels are 16x8 Et10 Esm-032's or Rota Grids. Whichever people preffer they're both the same wheel just different finnishes. I'm hoping to get them mounted in the next week or so.

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Do work, son. Do work.

This car will look money when complete.
                        Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                          Haha James, the previous wheels were 18"
                          Oh snap. 18"s lol

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

Originally posted by Reap3r View Post
                            I'm also extremely happy with how it looks on the rear. Not a chance it will rub with the 205's. The only issue I have is the rear tyres I'm getting off clutch-monkey are 225's and they may have issues. I'll only find out once they're fitted, if they scrape we may have to try and dig away at some of the body protection shit that is under the guards to be able to roll them even more.
                            you got to have wider tires at the back! silly bmw...

nice to see some quality rubber on there :p

Comment

Okay so wheels have been on for close to a week now. But I've been absolutely swamped with work and I managed to get a chance to take a quick camera phone shot tonight so here it is.

Overall I'm very happy with how it looks and how the r888's handle when they are warm. Along with that the ride is awesome compared to before.

However I'm a little unhappy about how much the rear scrubs even after getting the guards pulled and rolled. With the amount of overtime I'm doing at the moment though coilovers are in the very close future:)

Turbo M42 Build thread:

Comment

Wow I really like the look of those tires, and I bet they grip really well. :)
                                1989 325i Alpineweiß II

Comment

Working...
                                X