No announcement yet.

My M60 318is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree those wheels look great. A nice roll/pull on the front and rear, and your car is going to look fucking awesome.

Great work!
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I was drinking alot of coors light when I installed the rear braided lines and ending up putting the front lines on the rear. Had to take the rear subframe back out but cleaned a few things up in the process. Updates with a real digi cam should come tomorrow. Borrowing a fender roller from a friend and going to see where I can get with that. Ground control kit is being ordered monday as well as tires. I am giving my "fabricator" friend my z4 3.0 shift lever for the weekend to cut the rubberized section out of it, replace it with a longer piece of aluminum and bend it back and to the left so it sits closer to the steering wheel. Not ratfink long or anything, just enough so its not such a reach when I shift. Akg delrin shift carrier bushings will go back in place of the rubber doughnut thing. Akg billet/ poly rear shock mounts are also going in this weekend with billy sports.

Slow thread is still slow.

Comment

Update! Sorta...

Installed a C02 tank, lines and tap in the shop fridge so not much progress has been made lately. Mounted some e60 style 134 with a set of Hankook R comps I had laying around. Clear the M3 brakes and I won't need to roll the fenders.

Still need to fix:

Heater core o-rings
        Paint/ mount is lip
        Alignment
        Re-route exhaust

Comment

Lookin good, whT happen to the other wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by moe30 View Post
            Lookin good, whT happen to the other wheels?
            Too much rolling required to fit them, archie bought the TSW's I had for his E30 M3 and two of the style 144's were stolen from my shop unfortunately.

Got a set of M contours coming saturday that I'm going to rattle can black and throw on for street use.

Comment

Those style 144s looked awesome! Sucks they got jacked. Wtf is wrong with people?
              -Nick
              Originally posted by 87e30
              First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                Those style 144s looked awesome! Sucks they got jacked. Wtf is wrong with people?
                It sucked big time. Ended up selling them over Halloween weekend but when I went to box them up realized someone had jacked two of them from the shop. Shit happens but this really chapped my ass. Now I have two hard to find wheels and they are NLA from the dealer so I can't just buy two more to complete my set. FFUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Started the car for the first time in three months only to back it in facing the opposite direction and pull the engine and trans out. I have what can only be described as a garden of M5x/S5x engines in the garage right now. Its a mess. I'll post pics soon. Car is torn down for paint in the next two weeks.

Comment

i cant wait for more pics

Comment

Toss me an S50 if you've got so many. Sucks you didn't run those other wheels, they looked awesome on there!

Comment

Finally got around to working on the car again. I had been doing some serious thinking about whether to build my S52, boost the NV M50 that was already in there or just get the car painted and enjoy the mostly stock NVM50 for a while. I started cleaning the engine bay and de-trimming the car for paint then got a little carried away and all this happened:

That dent is what pushed me over the edge. I was cleaning my garage and knocked a large bookshelf speaker onto my head, then into the fender leaving a nasty dent and a concussion to deal with. I had had enough.

Goodbye boring M50, it was nice but meh. Boring.

2 hours later

Time to clean this dirty engine bay.

S52 exploded on my workbench, I'm selling off all of my S52 stuff... you'll see in a second where my M50 is headed.

Aaaaannnndddd no more front end.

No more ABS

Old core support damage from a very light collision years ago.

Pile of 24v stuff.

Modded strut towers for GC camber plate clearance.

Comment

MMM... Homebrew five lug coilovers. I love shiny new suspension stuff.

The ONLY control arm bushings worth buying:

E36 rack:

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
                            Pile of 24v stuff.

Am I crazy or does that engine only have 5 cylinders?

Comment

Originally posted by GunMetalGrey View Post
                              Am I crazy or does that engine only have 5 cylinders?
                              Yeah its from that brown VW quantum, blew the headgasket a while back just haven't had time to put a newer engine in.

Comment

Turner brass caliper bushings, excellent mod for the money.

Done.

Comment

Working...
                                X