Clear All

• IRON-E
    replied
    Can't wait to see the progress.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    started a topic Sterling Silber M-technic Cabriolet

Sterling Silber M-technic Cabriolet

I've mentioned my new acquisition in a couple posts, but I thought it deserved it's own thread. I saved this beauty from being parted out. I found it in this thread of bimmerforums. I got the VIN from the seller and then did some homework and talked to a couple r3v experts about it to confirm that it's an authentic M-tech II with the all-leather interior option (it doesn't have evo cloth like most tech IIs.) Then I arranged to meet the seller at his storage in Palm Springs to buy it. It all happened in about 3 days.

It has 235k miles, and according to the prior owner, about 135k on the motor. It had been in storage for a couple years but it runs, just needed a new driveshaft and a shit-ton of maintenance. It also needs a new top, new seat covers, and new paint eventually. It's got a crack-free dash, clean carpet, and the leather door panels are in nice shape.

The build sheet

Here it is as I found it

and on a trailer getting towed to E30 Motor Werks for a post-purchase inspection ;)

and waiting to be probed and prodded

Almost all of the interior is leather-clad, even the ashtrays.

I took the door panels and center console off to clean them up. The front door panels are in great condition, the rears need a little work.

before

after

Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 02:39 PM.
Working...
X