Clear All

• jgilber0
    replied
    Love this car!

Leave a comment:

• jeenyus
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    lol. what is that, 150lbs? It's funny how some people will have a broken ass car, but they still spend thousands on stereo equipment.

my car doesn't even have a radio at the moment :p
    exhaust note stereo.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    First day of summer, had to put the hartop on and use the AC so I could drive it to work. My 9th summer with this car, still a thrill every time I drive it.
    Last edited by robrez; 06-21-2018, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    Ha thanks, once I learn to post pics from the flickr app, I'll be back in business.

Leave a comment:

• bradnic
    replied
    pics.. sigh.

FU Photobucket, Dropbox and every other slime ball sharing service that cut access off cold turkey. you could have just capped usage a bit. FU.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    Originally posted by parkerbink View Post
    How did you get the battery cover in? I am collecting the parts to relocate my battery and the trunk shock is in the way.
    I thought I'd need to notch the battery cover like someone else did.

But, with the trunk carpet on, the cover is snugged up pretty close to the side.
    Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 03:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• parkerbink
    replied
    How did you get the battery cover in? I am collecting the parts to relocate my battery and the trunk shock is in the way.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    ^^ Thanks!
    Trunk is tidy

Interesting thing, the m-tech vert's use a different jack. And I still need to flip my trunk shocks over.
    Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MR 325
    replied
    Love it! And that license plate is way cool. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    In order to make the oem battery tray work properly, you need to cut the bracket support out of a facelift non cabrio car and switch it out with the dead weight bracket. Your alternative should work fine. You just won't have any corrosion protection afforded by the plastic tray/vent hose.
    In my pre-conversion research, I'd never seen anyone recommend cutting the bracket support out of the donor parts car. But, yes, that would be an ideal solution, thanks for mentioning it. Re-using the vert's metal tray works pretty well too. I used some rust-resistant paint on it. I didn't use the vent hose system since I'm using an AMG battery, but that's another good tip.

I think I'm one of the only people on here raising their car. After putting the battery, tool kit, jack, etc., and spare tire in the trunk, and the hardtop on, the rear was looking a little droopy, so I added 15mm upper and 10mm lower spring pads. Now, I'm ready to use my roof racks

Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 03:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• flyboyx
    replied
    In order to make the oem battery tray work properly, you need to cut the bracket support out of a facelift non cabrio car and switch it out with the dead weight bracket. Your alternative should work fine. You just won't have any corrosion protection afforded by the plastic tray/vent hose.

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    Originally posted by Mfever View Post
    BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT PLATE FRAME FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!!! Have an extra one you are willing to part with by any chance? BTW your car looks fantastic! and what a an epic plate for the car!
    Thanks. I don't have an extra, sorry. You just need to go to an event where BMW Classic has a booth and you can buy one there. For example, they were at Octoberfest in Monterey last year. The license plates they sold there said 100 Years on the top and BMW Classic on the bottom. I didn't buy one because I like this simpler version better. I'm not sure where they'll be next, but they're usually at the big events.

Leave a comment:

• ArtFoodBMW
    replied
    Good progress OP. It's looking real good.

Leave a comment:

• Mfever
    replied
    BEEN LOOKING FOR THAT PLATE FRAME FOR THE LONGEST TIME!!!! Have an extra one you are willing to part with by any chance? BTW your car looks fantastic! and what a an epic plate for the car!

Leave a comment:

• robrez
    replied
    A good friend gifted me this license plate.
    Last edited by robrez; 09-12-2017, 03:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X