No announcement yet.

Eta-to-M50: Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't want ANY paint in the oiling system. Not smart.

Comment

Did you think about grinding the oil pan down rather then getting the flywheel shaved?

Comment

lol, why would you NOT want a lightweight flywheel?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          You don't want ANY paint in the oiling system. Not smart.

Bottom... as in exposed side. Bottom. Nothing is near the oiling system, bud ;)
          Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Anything on an internally sealed, lubricated surface is "in" the oiling system. If you'd said exterior, I wouldn't have questioned it. Now back to waiting to see fresh powdercoated parts.

Comment

Anything on an internally sealed, lubricated surface is "in" the oiling system. If you'd said exterior, I wouldn't have questioned it. Now back to waiting to see fresh powdercoated parts.

I painted the "exterior" of the VANOS unit case. Here, pictures...

Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I didn't need a picture, I said I understood, I just explained how I didn't. Thank you for the display. While you are at it then, I suggest polishing the plugs before you replace the copper crush washers on that unit.

Again, back to waiting for Josh's PC parts...

Comment

you're a hard nut to crack, farbin.
                  8380 Laboratories
                  M3 Champs Poster

Comment

I didn't need a picture, I said I understood, I just explained how I didn't. Thank you for the display. While you are at it then, I suggest polishing the plugs before you replace the copper crush washers on that unit.

Unbunched Panties.
                    Need a part? PM me.

Comment

Very nice, im loving the engine bay! very nice job of taking something that went horribly wrong and turning it into a masterpeice, plus it looks like it does an awesome job of hiding imperfections.

keep it up

subscribed.
                      E30 Project in progress......

Comment

You're going to be waiting until Monday, just like me. Everything is done, but our payroll wench didn't get our stuff done in time, and we don't get paid until Monday. GHEY.

And no, I didn't consider grinding down the oil pan instead of having the flywheel machined.

Comment

Sweet, Now I know I can plan my weekend. ;)

Total bummer, but oh well. Soon enough, right? It'll be worth it, this is gonna be one of the cleanest 24v swaps after all this work, and relatively quick in relation to the clean factor.

Comment

josh even though it's "only" an M50 - I'm glad you're doing it so clean. I don't really understand the guys that go through all the work of a swap, to have a motor that is caked in dirt, with wires hanging everywhere - basically looks like the whole car came from a JY. can't wait to see it at the picnic, bet it will be one of the cleanest swaps there :)
                            Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Nice work. ....and mike I like the idea of using the hockey tape! Got some wires on mine that need to be wrapped. :)

Originally posted by Roysneon
                              $5 shipped?
                              Originally posted by MarkD
                              You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Total bummer, but oh well. Soon enough, right? It'll be worth it, this is gonna be one of the cleanest 24v swaps after all this work, and relatively quick in relation to the clean factor.
                                Yep, just going to have to wait another couple of days, it's just going to make it that much more worth it when I get them back. Not like I can install the flywheel yet, anyway. But I do still have stuff to do, I need to clean and reinstall my crank ring gear, and I need to pull my oil pan back off and do a thin layer of silicone for some extra leak protection, and around a few other areas.

I also need to do a little more paint on the block, the whole area behind the A/C compressor bracket didn't get painted originally, because I didn't know I wouldn't need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X