Project Daily 318iS now with 24v

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Hey thanks, the bolts need to be bolted back in to these bolt holes that press against the block and push the pump out. Unfortunately, since the pump was JB-welded the bolt holes snapped. I'm screwed.

    Preciate the info!

    I've been told that JB weld can't hold up to constant cooling and heating so I'm gonna go heat the block every now and then while its cold out and let it cool off... Doing this for a few days should break it free. That and PB Blaster.

    Leave a comment:


  • Simon S
    replied
    Not sure if you've found these threads yet:


    &


    I recall reading a procedure where certain bolts are backed out - then threaded back in - which has effect of pushing pump out. But I can't find that info currently..

    JB weld on the water pump? Really?
    That sucks man. I'd be pissed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Jan 21, 2011 update:
    Found some local parts and I'm pretty excited and at the same time confused.

    A. A complete budget stroker M20 with everything needed to swap. No tranny. I know the G240 will bolt up but what about drive shafts? Mounts? shifter?

    B. A complete M30 swap. same as "A" meaning no tranny. I'm not sure if the 240 will bolt up though.

    C. Keep fucking with this M42 until I can get the waterpump out.

    I need help. Just a lil. I'm at the point where I have funds to do a lil something but I'm all scatterbrained and don't wanna waste money here or there thats going to prove non-beneficial.

    If I choose to keep the M42 I'm gonna go ahead and get replacement panels and such. I scored on a nice map light mirror and sport steering wheel... and tail light for $80. Kinda happy. Next on my to-do's is Steering rack, matching tires, paint prep.

    Can't wait till it warms up.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    I just used it. It leaks horribly. From the shaft. I don't wan't this M42 anymore. Head and everything works great. New rails and all. Still can't get this pump off and I'm about to go at it with a sledge.

    I'm selling the complete M42 with accs. for a M20 or M50. But since the M50 is a few pounds heavier than the m20, I may stick with what I know and go balls out on the engine that got me in love with E30's. (M20)

    @turf, still haven't been able to reach J. Could you get at him for me?

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    What did you to to get the pump off? Or did you just use it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    Did you get the block red hot?
    Ummm, no. Wouldn't dare.

    IT RUNS! and it feels great!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerista
    replied
    Looks like you got your hands full guy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec?lol
    I've tried heat and I'm trying to be careful as I've sprayed and clean the engine with purple power and carb cleaner. I've used a torch numerous times and nothing. It's deep in there and the waterpump is bolted to the block. The cover comes off from around it.
    Did you get the block red hot?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Originally posted by Turf1600
    Heat?

    I don't know anything about m42s - isn't it just on the front cover?
    I've tried heat and I'm trying to be careful as I've sprayed and clean the engine with purple power and carb cleaner. I've used a torch numerous times and nothing. It's deep in there and the waterpump is bolted to the block. The cover comes off from around it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec?lol
    Putting the engine back together has halted. PO JB-Welded the waterpump in and I have no way of getting it out without breaking it....
    Heat?

    I don't know anything about m42s - isn't it just on the front cover?

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Putting the engine back together has halted. PO JB-Welded the waterpump in and I have no way of getting it out without breaking it....

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    1-6-2011

    Yanked out the interior while I wait for part. It's hard as hell to get this carpet cleaned. Pressure washed the shit out of it and now I'm gonna dye it as black as possible.
    Seats work great and aren't too shabby. Took off the armrest cushion to reupholster it. PIX!






    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    Page one is now fixed with the pix

    Leave a comment:


  • Vtec?lol
    replied
    SMH, dude.. That was my favorite E30 in Houston. It was so original and clean. grilles and smileys. omg.

    Leave a comment:


  • Turf1600
    replied
    Originally posted by Vtec?lol
    Hey turf, still got that schwartz? Thanks for the info I might go grab the head
    No, it's gone.



    I don't have the address but it's called LKQ.

    Leave a comment:

Working...