No announcement yet.

Project Daily 318iS now with 24v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good info. I'll hold off on the turbo then. I have a set amount of savings to sepnd on the car and I don't wanna waste too much now. I'll wait till I can get another savings plan going for it.

Next is body and paint. I plan on doing it myself but it still wont be cheap. I have a booth and sprayers ready just gotta find a good base and clear. Not sure what company to use but right now I'm leaning towards automotivetouchup.com. they have all the colors BMW has to offer. This may work.

Comment

Anything in the pickapull? Thinking of making a day trip

Comment

There's some e36 M42's. One of them has perfect cam gears.

Update on my ride, I'm actually just waiting on a member for a replacement M42. thats if I don't bug em to death. lol

My M42 is too leaky and plus I'd rather have a good running one to start with. That way i'd know what the M42 is supposed to feel like vs. starting with one that hasn't run till now.

In the mean time I'm still chiseling the old water pump out. Lots of jb weld to rough out. Gonna get it with the wire wheel.

I also picked up some goodies from another member. Ellips, dash, tails, and some other stuff. Will post pics when I have nothing better to do with my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
          There's some e36 M42's. One of them has perfect cam gears.

Update on my ride, I'm actually just waiting on a member for a replacement M42. thats if I don't bug em to death. lol

My M42 is too leaky and plus I'd rather have a good running one to start with. That way i'd know what the M42 is supposed to feel like vs. starting with one that hasn't run till now.

In the mean time I'm still chiseling the old water pump out. Lots of jb weld to rough out. Gonna get it with the wire wheel.

I also picked up some goodies from another member. Ellips, dash, tails, and some other stuff. Will post pics when I have nothing better to do with my time.
          If you're going to swap in another m42, try and find an m44 block. The added displacement, with the use of your original wiring harness, you'll gain a small amount of power and torque.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
          VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
            If you're going to swap in another m42, try and find an m44 block. The added displacement, with the use of your original wiring harness, you'll gain a small amount of power and torque.
            I figured but for the price I might as well go 6.
            Last edited by Vtec?lol; 08-16-2011, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Well, now I'm trying to figure out if I wanna pull the plug on this M50nv. I know it's alot of work but at the same time, I could pull out the m42 and fully rebuild it for the same price and if not cheaper vs finding an oil pan, intake, throttle, motor mounts, and wiring harness. Not sure what to do. Especially since I just got the M42 running. Still need to do the water pump though.

I have some pics to post.
              done list:
              ellips
              tails
              dash swap
              all black carpet
              sound deadening (slightly)
              and some rust prevention

to do:
              brakes
              wheel bearing
              tires
              water pump
              steering rack
              stereo
              remove gawful purple tint
              repair/replace front valence
              repair driver fender
              paint
              damn...
              lot's to do. Pics soon.
              Last edited by Vtec?lol; 08-16-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Do work daughter! (cellular pics... beware.)

So now I'm a member of the 24v crew. Although it's just a m50nv, i'm 24valved and it feels good, Got it running today. Haven't put in the cut/modified shifter so I can't drive it yet but I'm excited to feel the difference from the m20 I've owned in the past.

M50B25NV
                G240
                4:10 <--- looking for a 3:46-3:73
                iX booster
                95 M3 master
                535 E28 mounts
                e36 5-speed drive shaft
                M42 radiator
                PS deleted

on to picks.... sry about the cell pics, humidity fogs up my lens pretty good.

My stable

My engine collection. Sold the 302, decided it was way too heavy for what the e30 was made for. I wan't an ultimate driving machine but not just in a straight line.

So I pull out the m42

...and get the bay all cleaned and ready

Crank up the tunes and get ready for back ache.

Snatched up the M50 and bolted on the trans, shaft, and etc.

What a tight fit.

That's it for now. I need real picture taking power so awaiting a digital cam.

The swap wasn't all that bad but damn sure requires patience.

Thank's for looking. More to come.

Comment

Glad to see my M50 is being put to use. :)

Comment

Originally posted by glucklich21 View Post
                    Glad to see my M50 is being put to use. :)
                    As am I.:nice:

This guy has been a tremendous helps with getting everything sorted out! Thanks guy!

Comment

Updates?

I have an M42, and considering an M50 swap.

What are your first impressions?

Comment

Sold the car and the swap.

My recomendations to you would be, DON'T DO IT!
                        M50's are a waste of time and aren't shit compared to an m20. If you wan't an updated engine then go for it but m20/42's can be rebuilt and last just as long.

if you're looking for speed, step up to the 3.2 S52 anything less is a waste of time and money considering now days you can get an S50/52 for the same amount of an M52.

Comment

Working...
                        X