No announcement yet.

E30 M3 Steel Bodywork Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know what you paid for the M3 rear seat, but good find. They're harder to find and fetching a pretty penny nowadays, which you're probably already aware of. I'm very happy that I sourced a near-pristine M3 rear seat to match my M3 front seats locally a couple of years ago and only paid $180. :D

They're going for twice that now.

Comment

Originally posted by TrentW View Post
      Don't know what you paid for the M3 rear seat, but good find. They're harder to find and fetching a pretty penny nowadays, which you're probably already aware of. I'm very happy that I sourced a near-pristine M3 rear seat to match my M3 front seats locally a couple of years ago and only paid $180. :D

They're going for twice that now.
      I didn't give too much more than you did, but they need re-covered, so they were priced accordingly. They are getting harder to find, but there was an influx of people looking and selling about a month ago on s14. I just kept my name in the mix and finally came up with the deal I got. The s14 member I got them from is the same guy I bought the wrecked M3 shell from and he even delivered them, since he was in Pennsylvania, from Boston, for Thanksgiving. Super sweet deal!!!

Garey
      Last edited by bmwmech1; 11-29-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Dude, that clutch is puuuurty! Love seeing the progress!
        Originally posted by LJ851
        kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
        ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
        #teamross
        Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
          Dude, that clutch is puuuurty! Love seeing the progress!
          Thanks man, almost too puurty to install it, lol! BTW, it's the flywheel, lol! I know you know, brain fart, right? I still have not decided on what clutch I'm going to run, mulling over all the options. No hurry though, I won't need it for a while yet...

Garey

Comment

From experience I can only say that is a ton of work. WOW!
            Work We Do
            CAtuned Feedback Page|FB CAtuned Page
            http://www.catuned.com

Comment

Just read the whole thread.....holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, epic thread is epic, epic work is epic.

I applaud your effort and while I have nothing to contribute, am atleast now subscribed :D
              - Chris
              Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

Originally posted by catuned View Post
                From experience I can only say that is a ton of work. WOW!
                Thanks man, I can feel it getting close to being done, though!

Garey

Comment

Originally posted by e30guydownunder View Post
                  Just read the whole thread.....holy sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, epic thread is epic, epic work is epic.

I applaud your effort and while I have nothing to contribute, am atleast now subscribed :D

It should be an epic car when finished, to continue with your post wording, lol! Time to start working on it again... I've collected a bunch of parts that I need to finish it, so time to buckle down again...

Garey

Comment

More pics! I love watching this build, this thing is going to be awesome!

Comment

i read the thread from the beginning aswell, stunning work! i cant wait to see her in person

e24 e9 e30
                      IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

There..now I know where I left off

This thread is long
                        NASA
                        BMWCCA member
                        PCA member 25yrs

1991 318IS slick top
                        1997 M3 sedan
                        2001 325CI DD

“whoever turns the wheel the least, wins"

Comment

^^^ Thanks guys... I think the build thread for this on e30tech is twice as long... seriously, lol! It seems like a long time ago that I started thinking about this build, so it's nice to be gathering up the final pieces and starting the push towards the finish. I honestly just want to drive it...

Garey

Comment

Oh, uh...derp! Yep, flywheel is what I meant...derp

Looking forward to more updates on your couch

Um, I meant your car
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                              Oh, uh...derp! Yep, flywheel is what I meant...derp

Looking forward to more updates on your couch

Um, I meant your car

Lol...:)

Garey

Comment

Got some good work done on the harness, fuse box relocation and wire tuck last night and today. I only ended up having to move the fuse box over about 8-10 inches, instead of relocating it to the passenger side, so that was a relief. I ended up extending every wire in the front harness and stripped out all the grounds, as well. Makes for running the wiring much easier to only have to deal with the hot side. Grounds will get done later. I got the harness back in the car and about halfway complete, but before I do anymore on the interior, I wanted to get under the hood knocked out... Pics...

Fuse box moved w/ new bracket welded in...

Good overhead shot of how far I moved it over and why... the tubes that tie the strut towers to the cage. You can also see the front harness under the tube...

Shot of where I went through the inner fender. I used some OEM grommets to run the wire through the hole in the panel...

Wire bundle, minus the grounds, coming out of the inner fender...

This is where they go back through in to the engine bay...

Same area from the opposite side...

Pic of it reassembled...

Finally got the trunk hinges on...

I ordered all new headlight connectors, they should be in mid week. I saved all of the other connectors and I'll replace what needs it with new. I still have to make all of the ground runs, but I need everything placed and connected before I'll do them...

Garey

Comment

Working...
                                X