No announcement yet.

The Bavarian Creampuff 'Minor' Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM me. I'll give you his contact info. More updates to come later tonight. I have made success with oil cooler.... kinda.

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Okay. So as I expected, said welder went flakey. I decided to give the fabrication, by myself, another shot. This time I did it proper and took my time. Check all my measurements three times and went at it....

First, measure the cooler.

Next, make you basic lineout of said measurements.

Measure the duct tube.

Next part is tricky for those of you who don't remember your 5th grade math... Getting the 90 degree angles correct after folding the metal is dependent upon the height of the opening as well as the leveled distance... Which even I struggled with at first..

Cut the bitch out and fold it!

The next will be the side of the duct. I'll need it to better flow air and deflect debris from my passenger tire on left hand turns. Make your measurements accordingly.

Cut and fold.

Mock up.

Painted and cut slots for steel zip ties.

Installation.

Found out that little intake hose was crud. Probably why I had an erratic idle at times after a high r3v.

Done.

Manifold back on.

Tri-color flag came in this week.

That's all for the weekend. Was really hoping to get more done but the cooler just took up too much damn time. More updates next week.

-B.

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

The downpipe clamps arrived today. $10 shipped from the bay.

Comment

You realize those are off-the-shelf, crappy exhaust clamps you can get for $1.99 at any local autoparts store, right?

Do it right, get real V-band clamps. Those things will oval and bend the shit out of your downpipe, causing all kinds of nasty leaks.

Comment

Balls. Figured they'd work fine. Will do.

Comment

Ya, we learned that the hard way on our LeMons e30. Those clamps suck ass :(

Comment

I just remembered why I didn't go with them right off the bat. I can't any v-band clamps or sleeves that small. Can you help me source some? The smallest I've found is a 2.25"-2.56".

Edit: think i may have found some on jegs website

Comment

Done deal. ordered these and should be here by Friday. Thanks Corvallis.

Get the Best Performance with JEGS Preformed Exhaust Lap Joint Band Clamp for I.D. O.D. Slip Fit Connection [Fits 2 in. O.D. Pipe] 30730 parts at JEGS. Shop Now at the Guaranteed Lowest Price!

Comment

Comment

Dunno why these other pictures didn't paste...

Spal mount kit and the new exhaust couplings arrived.

Comment

Motor's back together. Downpipes wouldn't mate to the exhaust. gonna have to hit up my local exhaust shop to reroute slighty. Tried firing it up with open headers. Won't crank. Battery has plenty of power. Banged on the starter for a while... triple checked all the wires.... nothing. starting fresh in the morning. fucking MAD.

Comment

First crank to make sure everythings is A-ok. open headers yo, lol. Sorry for the poor quality. had to take the video fast, but at least she running! :)

1989 e30. Just got done rebuilding the top end with some added goodies. Gave it a crank to make sure there were no leaks and would run before buttoning every...

mother fucker won't embed.

Comment

well this weekend went pretty successful thanks to a good friend who dropped by to lend an extra set of hands and 10 more years experience to the thinking pot. much progress was made only to find more hiccups that need to be addressed. Overall I am pleased. We finally got the exhaust to mate temporarily after some grinding & manhandling. it will still need to be taken to the muffler shop for some new bends. the motor runs well but still needs a drive on the road to let the ECU get more compatible under load. idle is still being messed with but I think it will settle just shy of 1k RPM's. Something is eff'd up with the wiring on the harness side to the spal fan(not visible). I think I may end up going with a toggle switch for the fan instead. still considering my options. Clutch fan is a no-go thanks to the Parker push-lock oil lines, lol. I don't how I didn't see this coming but the Spal fan should do just fine on it's own. That is all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

-B.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon12V View Post
                              well this weekend went pretty successful thanks to a good friend who dropped by to lend an extra set of hands and 10 more years experience to the thinking pot. much progress was made only to find more hiccups that need to be addressed. Overall I am pleased. We finally got the exhaust to mate temporarily after some grinding & manhandling. it will still need to be taken to the muffler shop for some new bends. the motor runs well but still needs a drive on the road to let the ECU get more compatible under load. idle is still being messed with but I think it will settle just shy of 1k RPM's. Something is eff'd up with the wiring on the harness side to the spal fan(not visible). I think I may end up going with a toggle switch for the fan instead. still considering my options. Clutch fan is a no-go thanks to the Parker push-lock oil lines, lol. I don't how I didn't see this coming but the Spal fan should do just fine on it's own. That is all.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

-B.
                              I expect to hear that spal fan running in the next video, and I want to see the car driving all around and whatnot. :p

Comment

lol for sure man. thanks for the help last night.

Bimmerteck was kind enough to give me some assistance in tracking down the correct plug for the spal fan on the wiring harness. aside from that I also have some rewiring to do on the turnsignals, foglights, and a couple of the headlight connectors since they were old and cracking. I have the passenger side pulled out at the moment and am getting things cleaned up.

Comment

Working...
                                X