No announcement yet.

The Bavarian Creampuff 'Minor' Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got some good news and some bad news.

Good news: Took it for a test drive tonight and it was glorious.

Bad News: I didn't have a copilot so no video.... yet.

Even with the exhaust leaks, the car sounds fucking awesome. I still am trying to adjust the idle so it doesn't want to die on cold starts but I think the issue may be a VAC leak somewhere. The car is quick. Not fast by any means, but quick.

Difference: Compared to stock, response is about the same. Acceleration is a little quicker. Top end was a HUGE difference. Breathes so much better. Got up to about 85 and let off due to different treadware front and rear. causes the car sway at high speeds. Z3 rack is butter and Lencas Povilas' bushings are worth every penny. I will update with a video first chance I get.

-Brandon

Originally posted by Ryan...
    It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

It now emits a beautiful blue-ish yellow/green smoke from the exhaust?? No idea what would cause that color, but I assume its good.

Comment

Great to hear, looks like you got it buttoned back up pretty nice.

Comment

thanks man! PS, fan works. ;)

Car will be back on jackstands soon as I need to work on the rear. I will try to post a vid before this happens.

On the list:
          Install CSB, Ertalon RSF Bushings, Urethane Trailing arm bushings, rear end links, fit new wheels, rear wheel bearings, rebuild half-shafts, wait for IE silicone hoses to arrive(on backorder)

Comment

What does the motor have done to it again?

Comment

272 Billet Cam, HD Rockers, MarkD Chip 93oct, 19lb injectors, IE Headers, Cat Delete, Magnaflow Dual in/Dual out, South Bend stg III OFE clutch, JB Racing Flywheel, some upgraded cooling. Aluminum Motor/Trans mounts
              Last edited by Brandon12V; 05-05-2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

well it looks like the guys at the wheel shop are a little pissed I haven't picked up the new kicks yet, lol. Guess I'll be doing that this weekend.

Comment

Well after being enlightened of the "wheels have shitty fitment/ need spacers for a retarded ass offset on a 16x8 wheel", I decided NoT to buy them. Instead, I used my store credit towards a sparco sprint 5 seat, bracket, and sliders. This project is being put on hold for two weeks. I need to get the Bobber back up and running(needs intake manifolds & carbs rebuilt) so I have SOME means of transpo. Shouldn't be more than 5-600 bucks but I'm poor. :( started getting a NASTY vibration from the right rear on the way to the exhaust shop today. Not drivable. Tearing it apart and rebuilding the halfshafts/ replacing the wheel bearings/installing the bushings.

Comment

Gotta be honest, I liked it better with open headers. :( MonkeyMadness, make me an exhaust pwease!!! I don't want magnaflow anymore!!

Bavarian Creampuff272 camIE headersmarkD chip19 injectorsmagnaflow dual in dual out

Comment

Comment

I love bronze wheels on a white car. Looking good man!

Comment

Haha I am loving that idle.
                          Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                          Do you feel like something is trying to penetrate your butthole?

Comment

thanks guys. Turns out the wheel shop was gonna fuck me royally with restocking fee. fender flares or not, I'm gonna make em work. also I weighed them last night. 18.4 lbs/wheel. Not as light as I was hoping but it's not terrible by any means. The only other wheel I was looking at was the 17x7 BBS RGR's which come in @ 18lbs each.

Comment

Working...
                            X