Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Car Now..just jumping ahead real quick

i went ahead and removed all the sound deadening out of the trunk. All I needed was a heat gun, a couple flatheads and a six pack of flying dog!
    I then put it all in a trash bag, stepped on a scale and then dropped the bag out of my hands. That useless shit relieved my e30 of 55lbs! and that weight sits over the rear tires. That little bit does a lot it terms of inertia..at least i think so
    Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk gutted.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	7135184
    my friends think im crazy for what i did to the front plate, but the full plate made me cringe every time i looked at the front of the car. I hated the way it covered up the air ducts on the valance. lol now it looks proper

Name:	august 28 cleaned.jpg
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	7135185
    Another cool thing; My neighbor is into cars also so were always helpin eachother out. He just got a nardi wheel in his new car so he gave me his black one for $40. I think its the same size as the grey momo but since its a competition wheel its thicker. Feels solid. and it actually matches..looks so good with the horn on the black wheel instead of the grey wheel

Name:	momo competition wheel.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	7135186
    Last edited by ROLLingKING; 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM.
    m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
    build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

ooh snap
      rev just upgraded me to a wrencher.lol

btw..should i tint the windows or leave em. Im leaning towards tints.

In my previous car I was never pulled over. they were 25% tints and i think drew less attention if that makes sense.

Comment

nice to see your teaching yourself.

looks like a nice enough car with some nice upgrades too.
        I would recommend replacing the clutch for the fan if the motor is only getting hot when the car is driving under 15mph.

Comment

yea im just gonna delete the fan and clutch.

spal electric will be mounted instead..eventually. since fall is coming im not too worried about overheating

Comment

Rainy Day Update

so i went out today and did some sliding around in the rain..since it was raining i was reminded of my leaky sunroof. the car sat outside a friends house before driving and water collected under the sunroof i guess. As soon as i stopped at the stop sign on my way out it all trickled down to my lap. so i need to replace the seal!

I also need a tune up. The last thing I need is my DD to conk out on me cause I keep driving it this way. (the, teaching yourself to drift way)

I dont know shit about motors so this is where im treading lightly. Im thinking i need a tune up cause the motor sounds loud. a little squeaky. maybe its the alternator. maybe its just a m20. id like to KNOW its all good. ya know
            Either way my next immediate focus is under the hood!

meanwhile i did a little diff fluid change.

Name:	diff open.jpg
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	7135298

Name:	diff pump.jpg
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	7135297

Another note: my transmission gets very warm under NORMAL driving conditions. like my knob gets warm and the carpet all around there. im not sure if its just mine but im putting in redline in a coupe weeks..if that will help with temps, im skeptical..buuuut i like knowing exactly whats in my car. peace of mind goes a long way

ALSO!!!! WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HOLD DOWN THE BATTERY IN THE BACK?

my car came with nothing and i think im hearing the battery in the trunk.lol
            Last edited by ROLLingKING; 09-08-2011, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Make sure you add a tube of friction modifier if you have an lsd rear end.:D

Comment

friction modifier??

Originally posted by e46s54dr View Post
                just quickly googled this cause i never heard of it and I thought u were pullin my leg but some ppl were saying its good for lsd's

they also stated some fluids contain that stuff already. Im not sure about redline. I got them tho cause theyre race proven though. So with that said, does redline already have its own friction modifiers or should I call redline and ask what they suggest i add?

what happens if u dont run this stuff. im not sure if the previous owners had a clue, or is that something mechanics know to add to a s3.73 when they see one

Comment

and thanks for the heads up!
                  does the tranny have something like this? im doing that fluid next. i feel its warmth after like 15min of driving

Comment

If you buy the right RedLine it comes pre mixed. Look on the back of your bottle I cant remebr but if it dosnt say anything at all tahn you got just oil. I know ford sells friction modifer for $5. THe LSD will make a whining noise when you turn corners if you dont have it in
                    As for the battery it was a simple clamp that bolted to the bottom. It clamps down the lip on the bottom of the battery. I have a carquest cheapy cause I run an oddessey battery. Though when I had a full size battery I managed to get the cheap j hook type hold downs to work by catching them under the tray.
                    As for tranny I run ATF. Yes they get warm and you have a metal knob so heat transfer. As for the floors gettign hot the factory put this thick rubber mat stuff in the tunnel after time it tends to fall off. It keep the floors from doing that.
                    sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
                    The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

friction modifier?

hmmm the "right" redline huh.haha

i threw my bottles out. ill call bavauto and find out. cause i dont need my diff goin bad on me any its MY fault. can u tell if i got the right bottle by the pic!?

Comment

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
                        As for the floors gettign hot the factory put this thick rubber mat stuff in the tunnel after time it tends to fall off. It keep the floors from doing that.
                        oooh..you mean on the underbody of the car right?
                        is there any heatshields i can get or any sprays that will reduce the heat transfer? i havnt looked anything up yet

maybe with winter coming i should keep rockin the built in space heater

Comment

It looks like you bought the bottle that already has the friction modifier in there but Id definitely double check if I were you.:p

Comment

Is that ok to do with a dif? I thought BMW used some weird mineral stuff in their diffs...

Comment

Originally posted by London View Post
                              Is that ok to do with a dif? I thought BMW used some weird mineral stuff in their diffs...
                              Its just a basic differential so any gear oil will do. Bmw didnt reinvent the wheel in this case so I wouldnt see why they have a special oil for their diffs? Maybe its just a way for customers to buy more parts from them.

Comment

It looks like you bought the bottle that already has the friction modifier in there but Id definitely double check if I were you.:p
                                yea i cant remember what the back said so i will be calling first thing in the AM. THANKS AGAIN.
                                Its funny cause ive heard no one say anything about friction modifier in any of my e30 meets or the bigger car meets. but i know its small details like that which will determine if i can keep the car DD'able. especially when i start making it out to the track for day events. this is 3x now but thank you.lol

btw it took ~ 1.8 quarts to fill the differential with differential fluid
                                ^(for searches)

Comment

Working...
                                X