Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malik's 87 325is build (DAILY DRIFT E30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the heads up I'm going with the akg poly motor mounts. That extra stud on your strut tower was originally for a bracket for grounds. Some cars had them some did not, but as long as you still have all the ground wires in place you should be ok. My car has it my brothers does not.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bmwstudent View Post
      Thanks for the heads up I'm going with the akg poly motor mounts. That extra stud on your strut tower was originally for a bracket for grounds. Some cars had them some did not, but as long as you still have all the ground wires in place you should be ok. My car has it my brothers does not.
      Haha. thats weird. i literally just sent this guy kershaw a pm about it. we thought the PO had it welded on. then I saw in someones pic they had one also. confusing. so you are correct.they were just in some cars and not in others.

And niice. Youre gonna like the vibrations from that set up. Its really smooth. And you cant go wrong staying OEM whenever possible. at least thats what I think. oh and make sure u keep the heat shield on the passenger side motor mount. I dont know if its JUST turbo m20's but ive heard polyurethane can melt from exhaust heat if no heat shield. post pics of the install!

as soon as you start the car youll notice the motor slightly stiffer and when u go to drive shifts are smooth as butter. I love it. Did you go with the aluminum cups from AKG? theyre really optional but i think they will prolong the life of the bushing. it keeps it from squishing with the weight of the tranny. and it looks sweet
      Last edited by ROLLingKING; 10-12-2011, 12:08 AM.
      m20 is plenty. im simply a drifter.
      build thread -- http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=206510

Comment

havent ordered anything yet i just sent my driveshaft out for rebuild when i get it back ill order everything up. I'm going with the cups though.
        sigpic

Comment

Dumped some Chevron fuel system cleaner in the tank. Then ordered some replacement vacuum hoses/oil filters from blunt, and got some oil from autozone.
          Vanilla air freshener? sure come along for the ride

Comment

So i havnt been making to many updates. Ive been saving money for some much better parts to be ordered.
            In the meanwhile though, ive had a few small things ive wanted to do. So i felt like replacing the crank case ventilation hose. The one on the car is hard, crusty and had some signs of leaking. I got a nice new hose and looked inside the both. the old one was groossss

Click image for larger version

Name:	crank case breather tube dirty.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	7136459

Name:	crank case clean tube.jpg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	7136460

I also started a project my car desperately needed done. Getting rid of the chrome trim. It took a while but i finished it after about a week of lazily doing it.

Name:	chrome trim right side taped.jpg
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	7136461

Name:	front bumper trim paint.jpg
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	7136462

Name:	news paper painted.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	7136463

Comment

Name:	chrome trim off.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	7136464

Name:	chrome trim on:off.jpg
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	7136465

And the trim finally painted

Name:	chrome trim all done.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	7136466

Comment

Soo much better, I did the shadowline as well, what did you use to do it?
                Originally posted by e30lov
                sweet a mk4 jetta, haven't seen one of them for about 14 seconds
                Adventures of an E30

Comment

hahaha because newspapercar

Comment

Wow. Never realized how horrible the chrome looked on db cars, great work!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

damn i kinda wanna do this now... yeah what paint did you use??

and lol that old hose looked gross as shit!

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                        damn i kinda wanna do this now... yeah what paint did you use??

and lol that old hose looked gross as shit!
                        yea it was nasty. im not sure if its cause it was that old, but either way it gives me more reason to want to do compression tests and pistons/rings.lol

but the paint was duplicolor flat black trim paint. I read can after can of paint in auto zone and went with that. I also used 100 sand paper to get rid of the chrome. and so the paint had something to stick to. i messed up in a spot on the roof but was able to use gas & a rag to rub off all overspray. there were a few spots on the car that got hit with overspray but thank god for the gas takin it off

Name:	over spray.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	7136482

next i plan to paint the bumper with duplicolor bumper paint and get that lookin fresh

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                          Wow. Never realized how horrible the chrome looked on db cars, great work!
                          whats db cars?
                          and thank you. sanding it took like 30min a side. Taping it all up was like 3hrs making sure it was flush and shit

Comment

db = diving board. aka the huge metal bumpers lol

Comment

Originally posted by dnick View Post
                              db = diving board. aka the huge metal bumpers lol
                              aaahh. speaking of DB's....should i paint the bumpers black? i feel like it only looks good when theyre tucked. But I dont really like the bumpers tucked. Yea it shortens it but it looks bad to me. Its not worth the gaps you get in the sides of the bumpers once its pushed in.

Plus I spun out drifting a few weeks ago and the shocks/hard ass bumpers allowed me to just bounce off the guard rail. scary. but if it was tucked it would have been much more damage. soooo paint bumpers black or no? thoughts...
                              Last edited by ROLLingKING; 11-08-2011, 08:57 AM.

Comment

MEH imo they dont look good painted idk..to each his own i guess. but yeah i guess they come in handy!!! i want euro bumpers lol. my ffront is like semi tucked and the rear is a bench hah

Comment

Working...
                                X