Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

^ what he said.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
        ^ what he said.
        Just for your car ....

Large capacity oil pan (that conveniently helps with with under-car aero).

Just to better illustrate how crazy the shop is .... here's the restroom. Complete with diffs and a lower tii timing cover.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Starting to fiddle with the coolant system prior to mocking up the engine.

So it looks like the chopped e30/e36 aluminum radiator is going to fit underneath the top tray.

This meant welding a standoff on the belt cover so I can run the 325i coolant crossover pipe.

..... and in the spirit of not taking things too seriously I give you the heim-jointed alternator tensioner!

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Bahaha that oil pan is aweseome. Looks like they made it once and decided they needed more oil capacity. Maybe that will cure the loss of oil pressure in corners haha

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
            1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
            Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
            Mtech 2 turbo restoration
            Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

how long until you crank her over?
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

1 year, that's the goal to have the car driving. Want to take it to Monterey Historics for all the BMW events.

The engine is going in for mockup before the end of the week.
                ADAMS Autosport

Comment

This is the best build thread I think I've ever seen on here. A lot of props to you for your patience along the way. Can not wait to see more.
                  _keepitgutter
                  88 Alpine white Super Eta

Comment

Sub'd :D
                    My Garage
                    2001 Z3 2.5i Steel Gray/Black (Lexi)
                    1988 325ix Diamond Schwartz/Black (Izzy)
                    1989 325i Cirrus Blue/Houndstooth (Stitch)
                    Feedback

Instagram: Stone.Hopkins

Comment

Originally posted by SkiFree View Post
                      ..... and in the spirit of not taking things too seriously I give you the heim-jointed alternator tensioner!

I totally just made some of these for my car. That one looks quite a lot better than mine do.
                      '87 325e 2.7i/5spd
                      '02 Subaru outback (Still smells like dirty hippie)
                      '86 635csi (Sold)
                      '87 4KcsQT (Sold)
                      '84 318i (Sold)

Comment

Originally posted by JasonBates View Post
                        I totally just made some of these for my car. That one looks quite a lot better than mine do.
                        Awesome ... as for looks, nothing a bit of scotchbright can't fix.

Alright, an update!

First up, the radiator itself. As mentioned in the past, its just an e30/e36 aluminum radiator that has had the bottom wacked off.

Trimmed the front sheet metal so I can slide in the radiator.

There should be plenty of room at that point for the motor to sit, BUT I want to be able to remove the radiator while in the car, so I'll be cutting and making a portion of the upper section removable.

Hooked up the engine to a scale. This plus the headers will be the weight going into the 2002. Going to compile a good list of weights of various options for future reference.

ADAMS Autosport

Comment

M20-2.9L + ITB's into '71 2002

Wow, the m20 really doesn't weigh much. What's a m10 weigh in similar config? Does this have oil in it? Or is that dry weight? All your carbs/itb's are probably Heavier than the fuel rail/intake right?

Keep up the updates :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                          1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

wow thats heavier than i though. the bare block and crank is about 150lb, so all the other stuff adds up
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by 88SuperETABD View Post
                              Wow, the m20 really doesn't weigh much. What's a m10 weigh in similar config? Does this have oil in it? Or is that dry weight? All your carbs/itb's are probably Heavier than the fuel rail/intake right?
                              This is dry weight. I will be weighing everything as things progress. Very curious to see if I can get to a stock 2002 weight without going overboard.

This weight does include the 3.5# chain though.
                              ADAMS Autosport

Comment

You using factory hood? My hood is jacked up so I'll be getting a fiberglass one and pins. So that's a lot of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                (SOLD) 1988 327i Build Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=155086
                                1970 Gruppe 2 2902 M20 Turbo Build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=373891

Comment

Working...
                                X