Pantless Spencys zinno ETA fix-up thread. ~NOW RUNS YAY~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that blows :(
    but if the people im bringing are down ill roll witchu, as in a pack of e30's :D

Comment

today i got a box :P
      inside was new o rings for my injectors.
      new blind plugs for my head.
      new valve stem seals.
      new camshaft seal.
      and a new distributor rotor!
      sweet.

time to start building 8)

Comment

its my birthday :)

Comment

Happy Birthdaze!
          sigpic

Comment

thanks mayne :)

Comment

just finished putting in all new stem seals, and putting in all of the intake valves, need to do some cleaning of the exhaust valves then that is next.

made sure to use plenty of assembly grease :)

Comment

do it

Comment

or

Comment

no wai!

Comment

so i installed my new valve seals, and now i'm working on lapping my valves.
                      this is the first valve we did.
                      my friend showed me this way of doing it, said it was an "old motorcycle trick" hahah.
                      basically you put the valve in place, apply metal grinding compound (valve lapping compound) between the seat and the area of contact for the valve. then attatch a tight fitting soft compound tube around the stem of the valve, pull down and spin! every few seconds lift the valve to reseat it.

thoughts on the contact area of this valve and the method??

Comment

That is certainly not motorcycle specific, just a way to lap a valve without a suction cup tool from the top of the valve. It also saves you from having to clean all the deposits off the face of the valve . I would have left the seals off til after all the lapping was done to avoid all the trauma of the sharp keeper grooves having their way with the seals every time you remove and install the valve.

*Remove Dog Hair before assembling engine*
                        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post

*Remove Dog Hair before assembling engine*
                          hahaha i noticed that when i was looking at the photos, yes i will make sure there is no dog hair in there.

Comment

lapping these valves is taking almost an hour on each one! anyone got a better method?

Comment

we tape the suction cup to a drill and go back and forth with that. takes about 15min per valve that way.
                              Much wow
                              I hate 4 doors

Comment

been working on some valvessssss in my free time

Comment

Working...
                                X