Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Polly, the m30b35 swapped Ratrod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm digging the new lip, Looks Great

Comment

Originally posted by dugly52 View Post
      Well I may have just wasted a chunk of the last day or two reading your build start to finish. Awesome car! I'm curious to see where this thing goes in the future.

If you decide to go fun over track... M70b50 maybe? haha
      Thanks for enjoying it! and my local buddy is doing a v12 already, I am going for some boost soon(hoping).

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
      Honestly never been a fan of those fronts on e30's(though I love them on e28's), but it really works on yours. Looking good dude!
      <3 thanks Stu, I really love your new e30 a LOT...makes me want to get another e30 for comfort.

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
      I'm digging the new lip, Looks Great
      Thanks! me too, I am very happy with it.
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

just reviewed the M30 section of the thread...

I'm sitting here @ the office wishing I could just get home and start mine, what a motivating thread/build:D

Brandon when you put dropped the engine a 2nd time from above (with no load leveler) did you have the tranny attached?
        Originally posted by flyboyx
        i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Burns View Post
          just reviewed the M30 section of the thread...

I'm sitting here @ the office wishing I could just get home and start mine, what a motivating thread/build:D

Brandon when you put dropped the engine a 2nd time from above (with no load leveler) did you have the tranny attached?
          Yes, I installed it with transmission on while designing the engine mounts(aligns the transmission) and again when I installed it for good as it sits now, I am not a fan of installing starters and transmissions inside when I can just put it in with a picker.

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Be careful...people have been know to be banned for a rusty hood! ;) *cough*5toes*cough
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              Be careful...people have been know to be banned for a rusty hood! ;) *cough*5toes*cough
              He rusted a perfectly good hood, I have had shit paint from the start. If my paint was nice to start with I would have nicely polished paint instead of a ratrod. I'm glad my paint is not nice, I used to detail every other day on my other e30s with nice paint, I would get worried about stone chips and people opening doors into me etc. I took a nail to my car at Gfest 14, it is nice to not give a SHIT about the paint! I love this car more than any of my minty e30s before it, maybe because it is mine and the others were just being preserved.

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Interesting... Have you recently weighed it?
                Last edited by BLACKCHARM88; 10-25-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Thought I would share my NOAH e30 car cover, fit is perfect and was only 135 SHIPPED!
                  Attached Files

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Its that the one off ebay? If so is it all weather? How has it held up?

Comment

Think that's the real deal dealer deal.

Dad has one for his 'vert.....they're awesome!
                      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
                        Its that the one off ebay? If so is it all weather? How has it held up?
                        It is the one off ebay(has a BMW dealer receipt though), I installed it yesterday went on super easy and is nice and thick. I heard it does not protect against rain but I got it just to keep snow off my car. Get some snow then just peel it away and have a clean car in a minute vs brushing and scraping.

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                        Think that's the real deal dealer deal.

Dad has one for his 'vert.....they're awesome!
                        100% real deal and for a lot less money than anyone else out there.
                        Attached Files

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I have a pepboys all weather but am looking for another for the other car. Ever seen the all weather pepboys one? Its about the same price. Mine keeps water out of the car but does not keep ther car 100% dry on the outside. Who was the ebay seller?

Comment

Snap crackle and pop ;D

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Got new pads in for my UUC BBK, went over and put my car on the lift and got going on it, once the pads were finished I cleaned the insert housings and noticed fluid down the side of the drivers, figured it was water or something but I took the e30 M3 links off then popped the insert nut off the camber plate and found my worst fear was true, the damn things are blown :( I have no CLUE how that happened, I have taken the car to SCCA once and besides that it has only seen back roads(granted NYS roads are trash). bump stops are in, so that is not the issue.

I called Ground-Control and got a replacement set so i can ship my blown ones in for the lifetime coverage, but I am sure how 'lifetime' coverage works...inspect and I still have to pay. I know Stewart had the same issue but I believe he had the cheapo Koni shorties. I'll chime back in once I get them sent out.

So for now I ordered new tires as the Dunlop z101 are nearly bald...some of the worst tires I have ever owned, my BFG Gforce lasted almost 2 years. The Dunlop z101 were an Ultra performance tire yet the Gforce gripped more with a higher wear rating. I ordered a new set for when my shocks get in, then off to 4 wheel alignment! There goes nearly 1k of my turbo fund :( Hoping the shocks get covered for the lifetime coverage.

BUT, I'm sure someone will say I installed them improperly and fuck me over and then have to pay another 413.00 for the front pair. I have some BIG things in store this year for Polly, super stoked for this warm weather to HURRY UP!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by F34R; 04-03-2015, 08:02 PM.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Damn that sucks. So far thats my only fear about buying GCs or anything with Konis in them, is that their gonna blow.

I had DZ101s, they lasted 25,000 miles of mostly highway. Grip was ok but they were scary in the wet. Went with 102s this time around. We'll see how it goes.

You had to drive polly in the winter?
                                1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                                1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                                1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                                1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Working...
                                X