No announcement yet.

Ryan Castro's Avus Blue LS1 M3 Project (Non-e30) *With Vids*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badass! I ended up seeing the update on FB last night and got a little giddy....not going to lie!

Holy bent rim on the drift car......that'll buff out!
    Originally posted by blunttech
    Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Got alot done over the weekend but only got 2 pictures to show for it... Thanks again for the guys at JMP Autowerkz for allowing me

Because I love my feet, Installed the scatter shield/bellhousing. Very nice piece and possibly adds more spacer around the trans due to its slimmer profile than the OEM cast bellhousing.

Had to grind down about .5" worth of steel on the bellhousing to clear the driver side header.

Then installed the RPS strapless clutch:

And fast forward to getting the motor in:

Word to potential LS-E36 owners, know that this swap is well beyond just the costs of the build. Everything is a process or a Tetris game especially with the headers and everything that interferes with them. Doing this the second time around doesn't make it any easier but perhaps a little faster because now I know what to expect. With that said...the Driver side header, oil cooler, steering shaft is a pain in the A**! The passenger side header and starter are challenging too.

Hope to get the car started this weekend ::Fingerscrossed::
      95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
      Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
      LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

damn Ryan, I remember talking to you about this motor, but I had no idea just how insane it was going to be. I'd love to get a ride in it someday, perhaps a track day since I plan on tracking my car too
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Dare I say that this motor has TOO MUCH power?

I wonder if your car's chassis can handle the torque.
          world renown Harry Potter expert
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
            Dare I say that this motor has TOO MUCH power?

I wonder if your car's chassis can handle the torque.
            It should as I don't ever plan to drag race the car.
            95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
            Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE

Comment

I absolutely need a ride in this next track day! Can't wait until this is finished Ryan!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
              my feedback thread

Comment

Which gearbox do you plan on using?

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
                  I absolutely need a ride in this next track day! Can't wait until this is finished Ryan!
                  I need to tame it on the street then we will go to the track ;)

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                  Which gearbox do you plan on using?
                  I will reuse my t56
                  95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

I am all giddy thinking about how much shredding this car is going to do.

Two thumbs up, would read again.
                    1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                    1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Holy hell, that is going to be nuts on the track, I built an e36 with a v8 in Forza 5 that I beat on everyone and while. Cant imagine it in person!

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post

I will reuse my t56
                        Are you happy with the t56 on the track?

I find it very notchy and heavy compared to the BMW-gearboxes...

Comment

Originally posted by kristov View Post
                          Are you happy with the t56 on the track?

I find it very notchy and heavy compared to the BMW-gearboxes...
                          It is without a doubt heavy and notchy especially when compared to the BMW units. With that said it's also the most direct shift I've ever experienced.
                          Originally posted by blunttech
                          Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

Originally posted by kalib0y View Post
                            I'll be here waiting!

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
                            my feedback thread

Comment

So its been many months since I've last updated. Here are pics and vids to make up for it :)

Long overdue thanks to:
                              Jerick at JMP Auto, http://jmpauto.com/ for letting me store the car there while we tear into it and helping me get it back together
                              Tom, My Tuner Extraordinaire
                              ERL Performance - building the race short block
                              Tony Mamo at AFR for building the top end with "Mamofied intake and heads" and also getting the motor to Westech for breaking in and coming through when times got tough
                              And all the supporters of Motorsport Hardware!

At Socal Euro last week 8/31/14

And some vids:
                              Exhaust at Bimmerfest the day after the motor was just finished.
                              2-High 3in flow race cats then Y into 1 4in pipe to 4in inlet Vibrant muffler

The exhaust was way too loud for this old man so I toned it down.
                              2-3in high flow race cats
                              X-pipe
                              2- 3in resonator
                              Magnaflow dual 3in/3out muffler

95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

fixed the youtube links
                                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3

Comment

Working...
                                X