Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope, not yet :(

next time, I'll just drive halfway to b-more and meet you guys for parts, lol ;)

did you pick up the car yet?
    Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Haha, sorry bout all this shipping trouble... and yep, been thrashing the hell out of her all weekend :D Need to get the H&R races off so we can get some rally cross practice in!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
        Haha, sorry bout all this shipping trouble... and yep, been thrashing the hell out of her all weekend :D Need to get the H&R races off so we can get some rally cross practice in!
        pics and build thread required.

you may title it "Stuart's e30 not-quite-as-awesome-as-Irish's-RallyCross Build Thread"

you putting stock springs back on?
        Track/street e21 build
        visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
          pics and build thread required.

you may title it "Stuart's e30 not-quite-as-awesome-as-Irish's-RallyCross Build Thread"

you putting stock springs back on?
          Its actually spencers haha, and apparently I'm not allowed to do the build thread since its his car. But I'm the only one who has a camera, and the time to do a build thread. So don't expect anything

Actually, I'll have one started by tomorrow, just keep quiet ;)

It shall be titled: "Spencers pretty nifty, but not as cool as Irish's rally cross build thread, thread". Or "ShEck3ls02.0: There will be progress. No really, stuff will actually happen. Probably. Maybe. Naw, we'll probably put a harness and snow tires on, and be done".

Go here be happy!

Comment

Its actually spencers haha, and apparently I'm not allowed to do the build thread since its his car. But I'm the only one who has a camera, and the time to do a build thread. So don't expect anything

Actually, I'll have one started by tomorrow, just keep quiet ;)

It shall be titled: "Spencers pretty nifty, but not as cool as Irish's rally cross build thread, thread". Or "ShEck3ls02.0: There will be progress. No really, stuff will actually happen. Probably. Maybe. Naw, we'll probably put a harness and snow tires on, and be done".
            and stickers. don't forget rally stickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

and stickers. don't forget rally stickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              He wanted to get an SCCA Rallycross one, then saw you already had one :hitler:

Go here be happy!

Comment

He wanted to get an SCCA Rallycross one, then saw you already had one :hitler:
                I'm pretty sure almost every car there will have one. I'm not original like that, lol.

Tell him to put a bunch of stance and hellaflush stickers on it, lol.
                Track/street e21 build
                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I'm pretty sure almost every car there will have one. I'm not original like that, lol.

Tell him to put a bunch of stance and hellaflush stickers on it, lol.
                  Hahah! That be fantastic.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Please tell me you got those parts today....
                    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                    Build Thread:
                    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                    Rallycross Build Thread.
                    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

I GOT THE PARTS!! lol.

10 days to ship parts 60 miles :D

And it is ALMOST right. The sunroof stuff is perfect. But Stuart, you shipped me a defroster button, not a fog light button, lol. I may see if I can rig it to work anyhow. It has a couple extra prongs, so will have to get the multimeter out.

Also was digging around in some attic stuff and came upon an old-school Independent Truck Co. sticker. Yes, that is DEFINITELY going on the car. Old-school skate stuff = win.

So, finally got the sunroof back on with the parts from Stuart/Spencer. To get the old broken retractor piece off the crank cable, had to figure out how to take the grommet off the end. This appears to have a press crimp in it, and I couldn't get it off. So I took a cutting wheel/dremel and cut a longitudinal slot in it, allowing me to get it off. I then re-used it on the new cable, crimping it closed more and adding some solder. Hopefully it will hold, else I'll have to track down a high-strength crimp like this with a small enough profile to fit in the track.

But it's working so far. nice to have a roof back on the car.

That's it for today. Wednesday I have an ebay front strut bar coming in that I picked up for cheap, so that will be a good addition to stiffen up the front end, since I've heard e30s flex alot up there, especially when being beaten on.

Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I said its what had been on the car haha, didn't ever have a "real" foglight switch. Hopefully you can get it to work, just thought I'd throw it in there. Glad the sunroof stuff was right though! Next time I'll take care of shipping,

Go here be happy!

Comment

btw, Spencer/Stuart....you need to get a build thread up for your new one. I want to see a pic at least :)
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

btw, Spencer/Stuart....you need to get a build thread up for your new one. I want to see a pic at least :)
                            I'll start one with the few pics I got, it was raining...

Go here be happy!

Comment

I'll start one with the few pics I got, it was raining...
                              Track/street e21 build
                              visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

btw Stuart - I managed to take the little tiny black "click" piece out of the defroster switch and used it to fix my fog light switch, so it worked out fine :D
                                Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                                X