Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaking of sponsorship stickars....a bit of new representin'

Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
    Track/street e21 build
    visit Condor Speed Shop
    visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

What Condor parts are you running?

Also, I added the rear strut bar info to the FB page. He can do the removable one with the plates permanently mounted and the bar held in place with removable pins. He is I am collecting info to make a group buy. Are you in?
      Patrick Henry

1989 325iC build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316880

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Repping that cndspdshp

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

I read: Londorpeedhop.

But man :( I need some sponsors for the race car.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by phenryiv1 View Post
            What Condor parts are you running?

Also, I added the rear strut bar info to the FB page. He can do the removable one with the plates permanently mounted and the bar held in place with removable pins. He is I am collecting info to make a group buy. Are you in?
            Pat, at the moment I have the "prototype" M10 motor mounts, which we're slightly tweaking to make them better, though they're good as-is. The M10 is not a very smooth engine (or at least mine doesn't run all that smooth), so they get a bit more NVH than the ones for other engines that CSS makes. That said, the only real NVH is at idle (and I had a low idle for a while which made it worse). Working out the bugs :)

Once I get the M42 in there I'll get their M42 mounts, and maybe do either the rear subframe mounts (probably good for rallycross, honestly), or the diff mount. We'll see :)

I'll let you know soon on the strut brace. Finances are extremely tight for car stuff since I ordered the rollbar and have the new baby, so I don't know if it's a justifiable expense for me at the moment since I already have the upper mount reinforcements. But again, we'll see.

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post
            Awwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Repping that cndspdshp
            :)

havin fun stripping paint? going for pantina look or is there a "paintjob" in the future?

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
            I read: Londorpeedhop.

But man :( I need some sponsors for the race car.
            haterz gonna hate

I have a big-ass box of ski and snowboard stickers. Just come get some random ones and plaster them on the car. People will think they're sponsors or something...
            Track/street e21 build
            visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Looking real good! I'll have some M42 mounts headed your way whenever you're ready!

•• Powersteering Deletes • M20 Motor & Trans Mounts • 24V swap mounts • UHMW Offset CABs ••
              •• Rear Subframe Bushings • RTABs • Facebook ••

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                Pat, at the moment I have the "prototype" M10 motor mounts, which we're slightly tweaking to make them better, though they're good as-is. The M10 is not a very smooth engine (or at least mine doesn't run all that smooth), so they get a bit more NVH than the ones for other engines that CSS makes. That said, the only real NVH is at idle (and I had a low idle for a while which made it worse). Working out the bugs :)
                I'd like to run the PS delete, motor and trans mounts, and the subframe bushings...and MAYBE the CABs. I am trying to add it all up to order it at once.

I seem to recall from building the '88 that the solid diff bushing adds a lot of NVH. It was either that or the subframe bushings. I believe that a solid subframe bushing and rubber diff bushing was recommended, but I could have that bass-ackwards.

I'll let you know soon on the strut brace. Finances are extremely tight for car stuff since I ordered the rollbar and have the new baby, so I don't know if it's a justifiable expense for me at the moment since I already have the upper mount reinforcements. But again, we'll see.
                I know the feeling. I may just go solid with the rear bar, but to have the removability might be worth the slight reduction in rigidity.
                Patrick Henry

Comment

So I have been reading, since the 4 bangers are 90 degree engines that subframe reinforcement is advised with solid bushings?

Solid rear subframe bushings do increase NVH, and you should run a solid diff bushing. I'm running solid aluminum in the rear.
                  1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                  You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I'd like to run the PS delete, motor and trans mounts, and the subframe bushings...and MAYBE the CABs. I am trying to add it all up to order it at once.

I seem to recall from building the '88 that the solid diff bushing adds a lot of NVH. It was either that or the subframe bushings. I believe that a solid subframe bushing and rubber diff bushing was recommended, but I could have that bass-ackwards.
                    I'm not trying to thread jack, so ill keep it short.
                    When you add a solid UHMW dif bushing it does increase NVH. If you want to minimize NVH, you can add the solid rear subframe bushings and keep the rubber Differential bushing... but if you don't want to make any compromises you need to have solid everything... and btw, UHMW soaks up the NVH much more than solid aluminum.

Take a look at the site when your ready to order, www.condorspeedshop.com.

•• Powersteering Deletes • M20 Motor & Trans Mounts • 24V swap mounts • UHMW Offset CABs ••
                    •• Rear Subframe Bushings • RTABs • Facebook ••

Comment

You may want to wait on depowering the power steering, at least for one event. You'll be doing a lot more countersteer than in autocross/track and it's nice to be able to really spin the wheel when needed (especially with you running the e30 rack). Plus when you dive into corners with the ruts, you will have to fight the wheel quite a bit if you're depowered. I know some people do it, but the great majority of rally-x guys that I've seen or read about seem to keep power steering (as opposed to most track rats, who don't).

Originally posted by silence View Post
                      I'm not trying to thread jack, so ill keep it short.
                      When you add a solid UHMW dif bushing it does increase NVH. If you want to minimize NVH, you can add the solid rear subframe bushings and keep the rubber Differential bushing... but if you don't want to make any compromises you need to have solid everything... and btw, UHMW soaks up the NVH much more than solid aluminum.

Take a look at the site when your ready to order, www.condorspeedshop.com.
                      threadjack all you want, Carlos. Your company's name is across the hood of my car so you're more than welcome lol....
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

threadjack all you want, Carlos. Your company's name is across the hood of my car so you're more than welcome lol....
                        I agree. When I was building the '88 I was focused on looks, stance, track handling, and mechanical performance. I got in over my head with the motor build and had no money left for allof the bushings/mounts. Bad choice on my part. Feel free to educate me on these things!
                        Patrick Henry

Comment

didn't do much on the car today, kind of got caught up with doing new baby stuff, and then spent a few hours changing up my "left wall storage system" in the garage, lol. This included relocating some cabinets, installing a new loft brace leg (2x4), and doing some good planning and placing of things to make my engine hoist and press slot into place without being in the way when not in use. I still need to build a "low shelf" under the black cabinets there to better hold my 8 jack stands, 3 jacks, oil pans, and other crap I'd just as well have hidden down low, lol....

Yeah, not all that exciting. But it makes more room to park and work in the garage, so it's important to me :)

"the left wall"

Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

walked outside to get something out of my car, and there was a little package waiting for me. Delivered in less than 2 weeks, pretty damn good.

Also noticed that Kirk now curves the backstay pieces to match the wheel wells, which they apparantly didn't used to do.

Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

walked outside to get something out of my car, and there was a little package waiting for me. Delivered in less than 2 weeks, pretty damn good.

Also noticed that Kirk now curves the backstay pieces to match the wheel wells, which they apparantly didn't used to do.
                              Nice. Just hope that you never really NEED it!
                              Patrick Henry

Comment

Nice! I wish mine had the curved backstay mounting plates.

Now get to installing it! With the 4 door it should be easy. (Not that it wasn't easy with a 2 door.)

Comment

Working...
                                X