Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitchblack Motorsports Rally e30 318i (now with M50) - and some Porsche 924S stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job around, well done. Tell me, which rollbar kit is that, Kirk offer a " street bar " or " competition Bar " setup?
    E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

That's the Kirk competition bar. The street bar is just a main hoop and backstays. The comp bar has the harness crossbar and the diagonal. I actually ordered this one through bimmerworld - they have the best distributor price I could find. Shipping to Australia would cost you a fortune though....it was like $160 just from Alabama to Virginia!
      Stage rally/rallycross e30 build/competition journal
      Track/street e21 build
      visit Condor Speed Shop
      visit Motorsport Hardware

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
        That's the Kirk competition bar. The street bar is just a main hoop and backstays. The comp bar has the harness crossbar and the diagonal. I actually ordered this one through bimmerworld - they have the best distributor price I could find. Shipping to Australia would cost you a fortune though....it was like $160 just from Alabama to Virginia!

Yer I think ship`n would cost a bit. No-one in Australia does off the shelf cages.
        E30/ 318i m10, e30 m50 & E34/ 520i m50

Comment

looking good.

•• Powersteering Deletes • M20 Motor & Trans Mounts • 24V swap mounts • UHMW Offset CABs ••
          •• Rear Subframe Bushings • RTABs • Facebook ••

Comment

just went through the whole thread. pretty awesome! keep it up

Comment

ran out to OG Racing this morning to pick up some SFI-spec padding. Jason R. also had a couple feet of low-profile SFI as well, so swung by and picked that up as well.

so, I know this is really exciting stuff, so here it is!!! lol...

I only got two sticks of it (used for the main bar, driver's leg, and crossbar), and then I just used the lo-pro stuff on the passenger leg. Because hey, who cares about passengers in a mad tyte racekar, right? haha....

Also had to pull a door panel to check some noise out, and there's about 2 lbs of dirt in there :)

then helped out a buddy with some suspension replacement on his STi
              Track/street e21 build
              visit Condor Speed Shop

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] 1985 318i/M50 Rally Car - 1988 Porsche 924S - 2005 Sequoia tow pig - 2018 GTI

Comment

in other complete randomness, I think it's time I paint these wheels white. Because white wheels on the black e30 just look cool, at least in the euro 318is rally series.....
                Track/street e21 build
                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

so I have almost a whole can of this stuff sitting in my cabinet. I used a bit of it to do the rear turn signals on the e30, and have no other use for it.

hmmmm......what shall I do with it?

easy choice. Because the gunmetal wheels are just boring, and this car could use a bit of color :)

Track/street e21 build
                  visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

I wonder how that paint will hold up on the wheels but looks pretty sweet!

Comment

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But if it doesn't hold up, the great thing is "who cares" haha....I'll just strip them and repaint. I also have several other unpainted bottlecaps around.
                      Track/street e21 build
                      visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Originally posted by irish44j View Post
                        in other complete randomness, I think it's time I paint these wheels white. Because white wheels on the black e30 just look cool, at least in the euro 318is rally series.....
                        Best post ever. Please do it.
                        1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                        You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

well, maybe I'll paint 2 white and have the 2 red :)
                          Track/street e21 build
                          visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Today wanted to examine my logistical issue caused by the rollbar install - specifically the fact that it is VERY hard to get wheels/tires in the backseat now, and will be even messier when they're all muddy. So gave a test-fit to see if I could get all four (plus a full-size spare) in the trunk. Whadya know....perfect fit

That now leaves me the whole backseat area to put gear in. Unfortunately my two big gearboxes can't get in there because of the rollbar backstay. So off to Wal-mart to find some smaller boxes that can fit in there. These are pretty light-duty, but they're the perfect size so I'll be looking for some that are a bit more stout over the winter. Having the three smaller containers will be good anyhow, so I can divide them up for fluids/emergency gear, tools, and personal stuff (change of clothes, etc).

Last night was doing some work aiming the headlights and didn't realize I had the fog light on (with the covers). They look pretty cool on, just glow red. In this pic though they don't look that way. Whatever....

Track/street e21 build
                            visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

love this build, sadly the entire rally-x program where I live was suspended so I never got to try it:(

7speedshop.com

Comment

Rained hard today so took the car out for a self-car-wash. Then finished up my inside camera mount, using some 14ga steel cut out of the framing from an old gas fireplace. And since I only have curved GoPro click mounts left, I just curved the platform a bit so I could just use those and don't have to buy more... :)

2 weeks until the season resumes with a saturday test and tune and then sunday competition. After almost 3 months off, I really can't wait to get back in the dirt. Next year when there is no new baby-having going on, I may try to make a run out to Ohio or another not-too-distant event during the summer break at Summit....I hate waiting. Also would like to give a try at some other surfaces. We'll see.

downpour!

camera mount

Track/street e21 build
                                visit Condor Speed Shop

Comment

Working...
                                X