Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
    I would check all the cylinders sync together. Put all four channels of the sync tool on the front four cylinders and then on the rear four cylinders. This will verify all cylinders are in sync and you don't have a situation on a cylinder you are not measuring.

I would also try to get the sync a little closer, but that's me.

the thing is at like 1200rpms its perfect 1300 its off a little and then throughout the range it has points where its also balanced.

there are NO adjustements into one pairs so no chance to fix it if that is an issue, every adjustable pair is synced.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
      the thing is at like 1200rpms its perfect 1300 its off a little and then throughout the range it has points where its also balanced.

there are NO adjustements into one pairs so no chance to fix it if that is an issue, every adjustable pair is synced.

I understand, you are only measuring 3 cylinders though. You could have a mechanical problem like some sort of vacuum leak for some reason. Hopefully this is not the case, but you would be chasing your tail tuning around it.

I like to see all the cylinders vacuum.
      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Full throttle or no throttle.....only way to drive the car.....
        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

7speedshop.com

Comment

Have you tried the auto tune feature? It works really well.
            Need a Turbo manifold? We have them in stock- Click here---> http://rapidspoolindustries.com/

Comment

started adding fuel and everything started getting better. however fuel table is going off of "feel" as wideband I believe is not reading well at all.

7speedshop.com

Comment

best its run; considerably better pull throughout the range, need more tuning still with AE as when I punch the throttle it just stutters(however the wideband reads dead rich even though it pops like lean) will be testing a different wideband as i sure hope its not running this good at 10afr
                Last edited by kamotors; 04-23-2015, 09:35 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

How do you add more rows and colums to your tables? Or do you have to create a new project and make the tables at the beginning?
                  1997 Artic Silver M3
                  CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

Is your wideband AEM or Innovate?

Car is looking and sounding good though, well done!
                    - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
                      Is your wideband AEM or Innovate?

Car is looking and sounding good though, well done!

innovate mtx-l. one of my friends AEM wideband died a similar way, wideband would be pegged full rich although car had no fuel. new wideband and it was all good.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by BMWManiac View Post
                        How do you add more rows and colums to your tables? Or do you have to create a new project and make the tables at the beginning?

its just a 16x16, you can change values of y and x t get better resolution in it though. you can also do a dual table setup.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Fuck, not sure how I completely missed that you were using Rama's kit as well. Sub'd.

Both Rama and Keith (Whodwho) advised that speed density wouldn't yield as much driveability as alpha-n when I was asking around pre-purchase. Seems you've ended up at that conclusion as well?

What throttle cable did you end up using? E36?

On the TPS, were you using the one supplied by Rama? When did you order the kit? I heard he used to provide an older unit that had issues.

Will certainly be blowing you up when it comes time to sync/get going on alpha-n.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 318aye View Post
                            Fuck, not sure how I completely missed that you were using Rama's kit as well. Sub'd.

Both Rama and Keith (Whodwho) advised that speed density wouldn't yield as much driveability as alpha-n when I was asking around pre-purchase. Seems you've ended up at that conclusion as well?

What throttle cable did you end up using? E36?

On the TPS, were you using the one supplied by Rama? When did you order the kit? I heard he used to provide an older unit that had issues.

Will certainly be blowing you up when it comes time to sync/get going on alpha-n.

so from what I've learned, speed density worked fine floored and thats it. Alpha N or ITB mode is needed.

I even have the vac. block and the signal is still too weak. Using the RHD tps and 318ti throttle cable.Ordered at the beginning of this M20 build so like 2 months?

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                              I would check all the cylinders sync together. Put all four channels of the sync tool on the front four cylinders and then on the rear four cylinders. This will verify all cylinders are in sync and you don't have a situation on a cylinder you are not measuring.

I would also try to get the sync a little closer, but that's me.
                              the RHD ITB's are in pairs, so you only need to read three. 1&2, 3&4, 5&6 share throttle shafts, so reading all cyls is redundant.

Kam, don't aim for stoich at adle, I have found ITB's need to be a little on the rich side at idle to help tip-in, otherwise it leans out with any throttle input.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Snag a new wideband sensor. I would kill em more or less once every year in the Evo, that was an AEM unit, though.
                                1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
                                1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X