No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so 8.7lbs out today. Renown steering wheel + wingless trunk.

106.4lbs to go

7speedshop.com

Comment

Condor makes lexan front windows and Pesch makes pop outs and rear. That would kill so much weight.
      sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
        Condor makes lexan front windows and Pesch makes pop outs and rear. That would kill so much weight.
        This

Not suggesting it for this build, but realistically, how much does a proper paint job weigh?
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

usually the materials weight in about 8kg. but only about half of that sticks to the car, so 4kg?

thats not counting any filler.
          ---E30 320i Hennarot 1984 Sedan---

Comment

awesome

Originally posted by kamotors
            made a splitter and home made carbon fiber fog delete

Comment

Doa burnout.

Comment

lexan windows and cutting out the spare tire well should drop a bunch of weight. If you had the means id say ditch the sun roof and have a body shop put in a new panel and color match the paint

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

ditch the roll bar/cage, probably 50-60lbs... is it really necessary? is that really a question? no, it's not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by brett_duenas View Post
                    ditch the roll bar/cage, probably 50-60lbs... is it really necessary? is that really a question? no, it's not necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post

seriously though, if you're talking about Lexan windows... this makes more sense and would have saved you the $$$ you spent on form>function. There are other ways to stiffen the chassis without adding that much steel tubing. And let's be honest, he's not entering into any actual racing competitions that require that for safety.

Comment

Originally posted by brett_duenas View Post
                        you clearly don't have a roll bar if you think that weights 50-60lbs.
                        sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

ok so i exaggerated a little (and no, i don't have one) but I'm willing to bet that roll bar weighs just as much as everything he's taken out of the car combined, minus rear seats.

Comment

that sunroof is a good 30# from what I remember and its in the worst place. You might be able to shave a combined 20# by going to carbon flat door panels, and that would double as a product you could market to the rest of us #becauseracecar e30 guys. thats half of your goal... the other could be ?.. .the roll bar? haha glass to lexan would drop weight, ditch the front windows entirely and use lexan for the rear.

edit: Is nobody going to say anything about this "(zip)tie-down?"

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

flashback to the fast and furious dayz... carbon fiber hood and trunk lid?

and that (zip)tie-down is quality engineering! positive terminal is taped to hell. no faith in said quality engineering me thinks.

Comment

Lol you need to tape + terminal to compete in auto-x. They litterally tape it every tech inspection. Ziptied battery also is auto x legal here.

Nice car meet today.

Roll bar is like 42lbs if I remember correctly. I build this car to enjoy, it's my car. So you're dumb for calling it "Fast and Furious" for using carbon fiber to shed weight.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by kamotors; 07-27-2015, 12:10 AM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X