No announcement yet.

Kamotors E30-Turbo to ITB M20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The timing map is incredibly critical for transient response and spool. Get your timing dialed in and the car will feel much better!
    -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

some pics from car show today and some birthday burnouts

7speedshop.com

Comment

Any chance you could give a straight on pic of the front? Im curious to see how much the flares stick out compared to OE.

Thanks!
        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

flare size up front

7speedshop.com

Comment

Gotta love those MysterE heads. That thing must be insanely fun!

Comment

Got a youtube link for the new vid?

Comment

sorry I dont, I'll make a new video. I did some brake boosting today and I can get full boost before I let off the brake:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Check valve clearance?

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors
                    also I seem to of grown a ticking fuel injector, I listened around for a good 10 minutes under the hood and it doesn't seem to be coming from the valves, its a slower tick. noise does not increase with oil cap off.

is it something to worry about? car runs fine.
                    Well injector tick is considered normal. It's probably more apparent to you now because you are actually trying to notice it this time around.
                    Take a stethoscope to it and confirm.

Sure its not a manifold leak? Something that's louder in cold climates (NV??)

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I double checked the manifold and it seems to be sealed nicely, if its valve tick it sounds as if its only one valve out of adjustment becasue of the speed of the tick. It may just be that I'm hypersensitive to noises since i have all this hard work dumped into the car.
                      seems to be coming from the very rear of the VC/ fuel injector area, I can only hear it below 2krpms.

7speedshop.com

Comment

After you do a ton of work you get hypersensitive as you said. Injectors are fairly loud so its very possible that is your problem.

Thanks for the pictures! Nice looking car :)
                        -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                          I double checked the manifold and it seems to be sealed nicely, if its valve tick it sounds as if its only one valve out of adjustment becasue of the speed of the tick. It may just be that I'm hypersensitive to noises since i have all this hard work dumped into the car.
                          seems to be coming from the very rear of the VC/ fuel injector area, I can only hear it below 2krpms.
                          Hypersensitive! That's the word I was looking for. I'm the same way, lol.
                          My small manifold leak goes away above 2krpm. Maybe other noises cancel it out + heat.
                          If the engine is cold, and permits my hand being millimeters close, I can feel the pinhole leak out of the manifold.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

a quick now and before shot and a new pic of my vinyl wrapped shadow line trim.

Last edited by kamotors; 04-17-2013, 09:09 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

...damn

Comment

sooo, should I do an alpina 162 front spoiler? like this

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X