No announcement yet.

'91 318is, 16V swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trans is coming out this week, so started and running by the end of this week at the very least, as well as having the brakes finished and clutch bled. I'm just waiting on a buddy to get his paycheck so he can buy my current transmission, then I can buy the correct one!

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Ah i see. I wouldnt get to mad at the previous owner of the tranny. Ford isnt like chevy. Someparts are interchangable from year to year motor to motor and some parts changed every single year. Its hard to know what works without a ton of research. Its one of the big downfalls of sbf's and why most hotrodders use sbc's. Just easier to source parts

Comment

Well no, this guy had taken the trans out of his car a week earlier, and he had pulled the engine and everything. You don't mix up a v8 and v6, especially when it's in your own car, which you're building haha.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
              Trans is coming out this week, so started and running by the end of this week at the very least, as well as having the brakes finished and clutch bled.

Ahem.
              Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
              The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by lj851 View Post
                ahem.
                +1

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

loud, akward cough
                  No E30 Club
                  Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Is this done yet?
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                      Is this done yet?
                      Yes

Comment

On a good note swapped my carb and stuck a 4.10 in it. 2nd is now useless 3rd starts dancin at the top of the gear and i spin um a bit into fourth. All with a 215 under the rear. 302 swaps are fun.

Comment

So you have two usable gears?

Funfgan, the only reason this thread isn't updated better be due to the fact that you are out destroying tires right now and are too busy.

Comment

I have some bad news... So you know how I went through 3 sets of mounts because they didn't line , and my ds was hitting the csb mounts? Turns out my car had damage on the frame where the subframe mounts. No one apparently ever noticed this, but it explains why it always pulled slightly to one side. So yeah... I'm going to be tearing the car apart and probably just scrapping the shell.

Go here be happy!

Comment

So we went from 2 v8 e30 projects, down to 1, and now zero. We suck
                              No E30 Club
                              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

There's still one 5.0 swap in MD, but yeah :(

Go here be happy!

Comment

Working...
                                X