No announcement yet.

'91 318is, 16V swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im about 6k into my setup but thats including the car (with a blown up 5.0 swap done already) a zero mile motor and having to convert back to a vbelt setup for the early 3 bolt 28oz motor and the conversion flywheel for a t-5 on to the early motor. You could prob do the whole swap for 1500-3500 depending on how cheap u wanted to be and how built the motor is. If i did it again id buy as built a 5.0 i could find for as cheap as possible and throw that in. If your capible of fabbing headers then the swap is 100x easier because u can deal with the drivers side header going back rather then wrapping it around the front like i did.

And im running an edelbrock 289 performer with a holley 650 double pumper and milodon drop hat and 3x13 k&n clears fine. My homade dual snorkle "muscle car" intake based off a late 80s truck filter) barely fits but that was with the edelbrock 600 i had before i havent checked since i put one the holley. If u use ghe smaller 8x2" filter set up u def wont have any probs no matter what intake/carb u use. Also keep in ming i think my mounts and pan are homade and sit farther back (my drivers valvecover barely touches the fire wall) and lower then the e30v8 setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
      burnout video or ban.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
        90% of r3v does burnouts and doesn't give a fuck about oil leaking....

.....the other 10% have etas.
        Shit, the oil makes for smokier burnouts!
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
          That is one of those really creepy realistic but not .gifs.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyR View Post
            since you're carb instead of efi. did you still have to mess with the brake booster or the stock one was fine? sorry for all the questions I'm very interested and stuck at work bored. lol
            I have a remote mount setup with an e34 booster and MC, but I will be switching to booster less brakes.

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
            burnout video or ban.
            Soon :) Like, tomorrow or saturday.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            I'm beginning to think this is all just an elaborate hoax and you are a graphics design major.
            I'm not, but my father is! And I did say he was helping with the build... ;)

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
            90% of r3v does burnouts and doesn't give a fuck about oil leaking....

.....the other 10% have etas.

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
            Im about 6k into my setup but thats including the car (with a blown up 5.0 swap done already) a zero mile motor and having to convert back to a vbelt setup for the early 3 bolt 28oz motor and the conversion flywheel for a t-5 on to the early motor. You could prob do the whole swap for 1500-3500 depending on how cheap u wanted to be and how built the motor is. If i did it again id buy as built a 5.0 i could find for as cheap as possible and throw that in. If your capible of fabbing headers then the swap is 100x easier because u can deal with the drivers side header going back rather then wrapping it around the front like i did.

And im running an edelbrock 289 performer with a holley 650 double pumper and milodon drop hat and 3x13 k&n clears fine. My homade dual snorkle "muscle car" intake based off a late 80s truck filter) barely fits but that was with the edelbrock 600 i had before i havent checked since i put one the holley. If u use ghe smaller 8x2" filter set up u def wont have any probs no matter what intake/carb u use. Also keep in ming i think my mounts and pan are homade and sit farther back (my drivers valvecover barely touches the fire wall) and lower then the e30v8 setup.
            Listen to this guy, he knows more than I.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            Shit, the oil makes for smokier burnouts!

Gonna bust out the used oil :)

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Some driving footage, sorry I didn't really get on it, but we've already had the cops called on us before by his neighbors(albeit not for the bmw), I got 1/2 on it at most. And also, peep the gunshot after fire.

This is "VIDEO0088.3gp" by Spencer Sheckells on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Go here be happy!

Comment

sounds good

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                Some driving footage, sorry I didn't really get on it, but we've already had the cops called on us before by his neighbors(albeit not for the bmw), I got 1/2 on it at most. And also, peep the gunshot after fire.

https://vimeo.com/47775075

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Is that an es/early is front valance?
                  Originally posted by blunttech
                  r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Yessir.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Heres a vid I took as you were leaving cars&coffee today
                      Zinno '89 <24v swap in progress>

Comment

Thanks for the video Vinnie! Still surprised spencer didn't stall it seeing as it was his first time driving it, just goes to show you how nice that clutch is. Grabs hard, but easy to learn.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Looks good. Let me know how the inserts work out. My cars about half as loud with all the exhaust and ive still got pulled over for it. If they work ok ill just use one instead of running anymore exhaust. Ive already got way to much into this damn thing.

I also love the look of the plastics with the is spoiler. May hace to think about the plastic bumper swap.

Comment

I'm actually sticking with the exhaust as is haha, it's not too bad and cops don't pay one bit of attention to me.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Sounds and looks awesome congrats man!

Comment

That is soooo awesome!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                                Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Working...
                                X