No announcement yet.

'91 318is, 16V swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes they run them forward because shorties run into the firewall and steering shaft and longtubes hit the shaft also. Still havent seen anyone try block huggers but there exensive and i havent seen a cheap cl set so i havent tried.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
      Yes they run them forward because shorties run into the firewall and steering shaft and longtubes hit the shaft also. Still havent seen anyone try block huggers but there exensive and i havent seen a cheap cl set so i havent tried.
      If only I had a tig, I would probably try to design something for Stuart and then put them on the market for all the e30 5.0 guys.
      sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
      Build Thread:
      Current ongoing build. Check it out!
      1991 318is 4dr rallycross
      Rallycross Build Thread.
      1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by shEck3lls0 View Post
        If only I had a tig, I would probably try to design something for Stuart and then put them on the market for all the e30 5.0 guys.
        This is why I ask, I have tig, plasma cutter, mig, you name it. I'll see what I can come up with after my car is up and running. I need to get it done sooner than later so it will start with the shorties backwards, but as soon as I have the funds for tubing and bends, I'll probably figure something out.

Going to go ahead and get the e30v8 mounts to save myself the headache. It will double purpose because anything I make, I can duplicate since most run those mounts.
        No E30 Club
        Originally posted by MrBurgundy
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I would bet that block huggers would work. I've been looking for some too
          Current Moneypits: e36 m3/4/5 Turbo Techno
          1961 Cadillac deVille bagged -
          IG @bryang513

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
            This is why I ask, I have tig, plasma cutter, mig, you name it. I'll see what I can come up with after my car is up and running. I need to get it done sooner than later so it will start with the shorties backwards, but as soon as I have the funds for tubing and bends, I'll probably figure something out.

Going to go ahead and get the e30v8 mounts to save myself the headache. It will double purpose because anything I make, I can duplicate since most run those mounts.
            You could probably pair up with e30v8 if you design the headers and have them advertised/sold on their site. I'm sure he wouldnt mind doing that.
            sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
            Build Thread:
            Current ongoing build. Check it out!
            1991 318is 4dr rallycross
            Rallycross Build Thread.
            1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

That WOULD be quite nice. If you end up making something, take a few pictures and post 'em - I'd be interested if the price was right.

~ALSO~

I was gonna say that it would also be nice if massive hadn't stopped making/selling their booster delete kit. Well, it looks like they're making/selling them again!
              Last edited by jalopi; 02-13-2013, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                Thought of you when I watched this <3

<3

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                That WOULD be quite nice. If you end up making something, take a few pictures and post 'em - I'd be interested if the price was right.

~ALSO~

I was gonna say that it would also be nice if massive hadn't stopped making/selling their booster delete kit. Well, it looks like they're making/selling them again!
                Fantastic! I've wondered why they haven't, it's a simple kit so the profit per setup seems like it would make them a lot.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Well when I spoke with Lee yesterday (ended up snatching a kit up) he made it sound like while he doesn't plan on stopping sales of the delete kit, it's not exactly a hot item. As such, he stocks his shelf, lets them sell out, then makes/orders more. He said sometimes this can take a few months, but judging from the quality appearance of the products, I'm OK with this.

Comment

I noticed that the white 5.0 e30 with the big turbo had, what appeared to be, a brake booster in the stock placement. I didn't realize you could fit one there. I was wondering what you thought of it.
                    E30 buildy things
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

E30 buildy things

Comment

Appears to be some sort of older domestic unit.
                        E30 buildy things

Comment

Pretty sure he did the geo/kia stuffs.

Comment

hmmmm...
                            E30 buildy things

Comment

Updates comind mid March/ early April :)

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Originally posted by MattAvino View Post
                                I noticed that the white 5.0 e30 with the big turbo had, what appeared to be, a brake booster in the stock placement. I didn't realize you could fit one there. I was wondering what you thought of it.
                                Appears to be some sort of older domestic unit.
                                Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
                                Pretty sure he did the geo/kia stuffs.
                                hmmmm...
                                A little insight...

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

The guy talks about the combo setup he used for brakes.
                                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Working...
                                X