Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ian e30 318is
    replied
    My guess is that the system wasn't bled properly causing air to bubble out of the system. Did you ever have over heating issues? Don't think that kink is your problem, but you never know. Good luck solving this. I can't stand these problems right after the swap is done, but you will get them ironed out.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Hey guys I need some help ASAP!

So this morning on the way to the berkley marina meet and someone pulled next to me to let me know I was leaking something, so I pull over and my car is spitting water out everywhere.
    So back up I have been driving this car for more than two weeks and have taken some decently long trips, trips just as far as I got this morning. I drove it yesterday further than I got today. This morning before departure I added water wetter to the system. I was hoping I just overfilled the system and it was spitting out excess, but it continues to spit water out of the reservoir.

Air bubbles can be seen shooting up out of the lowest hose on the reservoir and the hose gets quite hot. This guy

So I got a tow home and tested the T-stat and it seems to work fine, but to rule it out completely I ran the car without it and it still spits water out.

Maybe water pump failure? The car has a brand new Stewart performance water pump

Any ideas?

EDIT: So when I last had my intake manifold off I bent this metal hose down to allow for manifold clearance, is it possible I bent it too much and it is kinked enough to build up heat in that lower line and boil?
    The best picture I could get of it:

The odd thing is I drove with it like this yesterday quite far and it was fine.
    thanks
    -Craig

Funny how things works out.
    I drive my car for the last two weeks without any issues, the day there is a big meet and I'm pumped to go it decides to be a dirty girl and spit out water
    My pictures from the meet... wait

Last edited by craiggroves91; 01-19-2013, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Woo! Just got done swapping the brake booster. What a job!

Had to remove the intake manifold to slide it out, this was good though cause I had to bend the top heater hose cause it was being crushed by the intake manifold. I think that was causing my heater to work weirdly.

Here is my buddy helping me haha

Fun. It actually wasn't that tough

"New" used booster in. Thanks to LBV's parts car

Intake manifold back on

All done!

Just have to adjust the pedal and test it out. Have to order up a check valve for the vac line too.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Anyone know why my temp gauge might creep up and then quickly go down to halfway?

It seems to be at the halfway mark most of the time and occasionally it will creep up to over 3/4's and then soon after quickly go down back to the 1/2 way.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Got a brake booster to try out

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
    Where you trimmed the cover, does it show that its been cut?
    Yeah look at pics of mine that show the covers. You can see where I cut for the intake manifold

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    Where you trimmed the cover, does it show that its been cut?

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    My FPR hits the rear one too!
    Hmm Mine didn't hit if I remember correctly

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    My FPR hits the rear one too!

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    I still need a pic lol when you have a chance
    Did you end up trimming the m3 wire covers yet?
    Sorry man been busy!

Yeah I trimmed them a long time ago. You only have to trim the top cover one.

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    Did you end up trimming the m3 wire covers yet?

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    I still need a pic lol when you have a chance

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Yah I hear you.. I put my manifold today and saw that I need to trim some of the plastic off. The intake will not clear the wire support ( plastic ) nor will I be able to place on the cover.

Hope you get better soon and enjoy that S52 of yours.
    BTW, I got my engine in :)
    Yeah, you'll need to cut some of the wiring harness cover off to clear the intake manifold on.

I've been loving the power!

I saw you got it in, it's looking great! Everything looks really clean.

For the power block I used a battery clamp my dad had laying around and just routed everything that needed power to it. It was kind of crazy.

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
    Yeah, I can try to get one sometime. I'm sick right now so I'm not feeling well. The M3 cover is a pain to get on and off too haha
    Yah I hear you.. I put my manifold today and saw that I need to trim some of the plastic off. The intake will not clear the wire support ( plastic ) nor will I be able to place on the cover.

Hope you get better soon and enjoy that S52 of yours.
    BTW, I got my engine in :)

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Can you snap me a picture of you Battery Junction box in the bay?
    Yeah, I can try to get one sometime. I'm sick right now so I'm not feeling well. The M3 cover is a pain to get on and off too haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X