• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whodwho
    replied
    Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
    Thats what I'm thinking too!
    They are locked up slightly then when I drive they warm up and lock worse and worse.
    I'm going to play with it when it clears up outside
    This is exactly the symptom of when misadjusted.

Lift the car and check each wheel spins without much brake drag. If one wheel has issue could be the caliper or collapsed brake line, if all of them drag then make sure there is free play in the rod or just back it off some and see if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrizzle View Post
    Correct.

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what was going on, but I definitely had the clevis a slot over from where it should have been. Worth checking out.
    I know what you're talking about. Mine is in the right spot, sadly its something else :(

thanks for the idea though

Leave a comment:

• Thrizzle
    replied
    Correct.

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly what was going on, but I definitely had the clevis a slot over from where it should have been. Worth checking out.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by Thrizzle View Post
    It sounds like your pushrod isn't lined up.

When doing my install I accidentally clipped the pushrod onto the wrong side of the pedal arm. It was weird because it looked like it was meant to be there. Anyway just a thought, get in there and check it out.
    You mean the clevis and pin on the pedal might be in the wrong spot?

Leave a comment:

• Thrizzle
    replied
    It sounds like your pushrod isn't lined up.

When doing my install I accidentally clipped the pushrod onto the wrong side of the pedal arm. It was weird because it looked like it was meant to be there. Anyway just a thought, get in there and check it out.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by benyen soljax View Post
    Awesome thread. Wish I could help with the brake issue, but I just got my e30 the other day :/
    Thank you!
    It's all good, I'll figure it out eventually

Originally posted by tehwickerman View Post
    fuck yeah dude! can't wait to do this to my 318. well done!
    Thanks!!! Do work!

Leave a comment:

• tehwickerman
    replied
    fuck yeah dude! can't wait to do this to my 318. well done!

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
    I don't know if you need this or if it has anything to do with your problem, but I used this when setting up my E30 clevis on a AUDI A4 booster.

I'll try that again, but I think its something else.

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    I don't know if you need this or if it has anything to do with your problem, but I used this when setting up my E30 clevis on a AUDI A4 booster.

Leave a comment:

• benyen soljax
    replied
    Awesome thread. Wish I could help with the brake issue, but I just got my e30 the other day :/

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Something is definitely not right and I have no idea what it is.
    It seems like the booster needs washers on its studs to space it out.

the only time they are remotely freed up is when I screw the rod all the way into the pedal and even then they stick a little. The pedal is closer to the firewall then the gas pedal.

This makes no sense cause everything is factory and should be there.
    Maybe something is missing where the rod pushed on the master? Everything seems to be there

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    OKAY! so its pretty much most definitely something with the linkage, whether its the pedal adjustment, something installed wrong, something missing, etc.

I know this because I unbolted the MC nuts and slowly the brakes started freeing up and bam I can push the car with my pinky!!!

I'm going to try to adjust the pedal with the MC off to try to see when the rod is pushing and isn't pushing. If that makes sense. I'll let you know how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
    Ohh just letting to you know, I cut off that little black box in the bay.
    Hmm maybe I'll ditch mine!

Leave a comment:

• mtlbloodshot
    replied
    Ohh just letting to you know, I cut off that little black box in the bay.

Leave a comment:

• craiggroves91
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Yes, that is generally was play would mean. I really think you're clevis is adjusted in correctly. Janderson had the same issue with his car.
    Thats what I'm thinking too!
    They are locked up slightly then when I drive they warm up and lock worse and worse.
    I'm going to play with it when it clears up outside

Leave a comment:

Working...
X