X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
    Well I messed up again :(
    I messed up the front timing cover and crank seal

Out of stupidity I put the bolts back in the harmonic balancer without compensating for the space of the pulley I'm not using in front of it.

So the bolts were making contact with the cover and I cranked the engine by hand a few times and it tore it up quite badly :(
    What got torn up?? Is this because you removed the A/C pulley and used the same bolts? I took my a/c pulley off and put the same bolts back in and I have had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbajan21 View Post
      What got torn up?? Is this because you removed the A/C pulley and used the same bolts? I took my a/c pulley off and put the same bolts back in and I have had no issues.

Yeah, thats what happened :( The Timing case cover got scraped up quite a bit along with the front crank seal. I'm afraid it will leak now

Thats odd maybe mine aren't the stock bolts? Regardless, it happened and now I need to fix it ahh
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Big update!
        Doing the oil pan swap
        Taking off the old one

Windage tray off

Bye

Cut bracket for s52 oil pickup tube. I cleaned it up further after this with a file

Safety wired and red loctited the oil pump nut. The sucker was still on there pretty tight when i took it off. Wasn't going anywhere

m50 pickup tube with new gasket

Pickup tube and oil pump nut looking tidy

Oil pan on with new gasket

In the process of cleaning up the ZF

New friction plate and e34 m5 stage 2 clutch kit on

New pilot bearing, also did the rear main seal and rear main seal housing gasket

Bolting up the trans with my dad and friends. New clutch slave and throwout bearing included

All bolted up with redline MT90

Waiting for some help to come by then its going in

Poly and UHMW for days

Help arrives. The mounts were a pain. Had to use the slots on the subframe and the bottom nuts were hard to get to because my reinforcement plates blocked access. should be good though

Condor Speed shop UHMW mounts

UHMW PS delete and mount

Got the AKG quickshifter 2 in. don't mind the hairy persian friend
        Last edited by craiggroves91; 10-21-2012, 06:01 PM.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I can't wait to see my engine in my bay. Great work

MY BUILD THREAD
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

Originally posted by mtlbloodshot View Post
            I can't wait to see my engine in my bay. Great work
            I can't wait to hear it running!!!
            Good luck getting your engine in

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

[/URL]
              This thread delivers. and i'm not looking at the dildo in the room.

Much wow
              I hate 4 doors

Comment

sorry for my lack of knowledge,
                but is that a sequential shifter?
                whatever it is looks hardcore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                  This thread delivers. and i'm not looking at the dildo in the room.

It's UHMW and poly mounts so she vibrates for ya!

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                  sorry for my lack of knowledge,
                  but is that a sequential shifter?
                  whatever it is looks hardcore.
                  No, my man. Its just a DTM style shift lever. Its quite high by the steering wheel where you want it. It has a really short throw and it bolts up directly to the trans tunnel, so it eliminates the carrier and all the bushing related to that. So I dont have to worry about anything wearing out

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Been getting what I can done here and there. I finally got my DD 325e running again :) so thats a big relief
                    Worked on trying to get the harness on the firewall as clean as I can, still not finished yet. Have to do a little more work to get the m42 cover on. I liked how I got the obd2 diag port by the fuse box.

Got the relays on the m42 harness cover, they take up a lot of room in there though

Getting there

All zip tied up

I'll finish that up later
                    Also got the new e34 m50 throttle cable on, this was tough because of the relocated brake booster. I got it eventually, should have installed before I put the brake booster on. oh well

Also got the serpentine belt on

and rethreaded the e30 brown top coolant sensor to thread into the s52 head

Then I worked on cooling hoses. I was able to use all s52 e36 m3 hoses. I was able to cut up the long s52 e36 m3 hose that comes off the metal pipe and use it to make my heater core hoses and coolant reservoir to metal pipe hose. Top and bottom rad hoses are original s52 hoses, bottom had to be cut
                    Mishimoto aluminum radiator. All that was needed to make this fit was the drivers side rad mount from a late model 325i
                    Just have to hose clamp them all up

This one doesn't kink as much as it looks in the picture, might cut it some more

Mounted the Walbro high pressure fuel pump to the 318is frame and got it installed
                    Last edited by craiggroves91; 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Very nice update, you've made great progress. Quick question, did you use the throttle cable bracket? It wraps around the cable and then bolts on the drive side shock tower. Did you reuse that?

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Very nice update, you've made great progress. Quick question, did you use the throttle cable bracket? It wraps around the cable and then bolts on the drive side shock tower. Did you reuse that?
                        I was going to try to. I don't think its necessary. I wanted to see how it would route with the throttle body on before I install it.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I was going to try to. I don't think its necessary. I wanted to see how it would route with the throttle body on before I install it.
                          Ahhh okay okay.. Lemme know asap.. I need to know before I start closing up the holes in my bay.

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Ahhh okay okay.. Lemme know asap.. I need to know before I start closing up the holes in my bay.
                            I wouldn't close up anything of the strut tower, unless you are welding. If you are using bondo it might crack.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Got the coolant hoses all hoseclamped today and worked on the m50 manifold conversion

Not sure if I mentioned this, but my s52 came with a Dinan throttle body.
                              Last edited by craiggroves91; 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I wouldn't close up anything of the strut tower, unless you are welding. If you are using bondo it might crack.
                                Of course im welding. Cant wait for you to see my bay ;)
                                Let me know for that throttle cable bud

MY BUILD THREAD

Comment

Working...
                                X