No announcement yet.

91' 318is S52 Swap "The Beast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good, got a very similar coilover kit i just brought from r3v facebook, though non shorten coilovers.

Comment

Looks like the coilovers are coming along well!
      Originally posted by priapism
      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
      Originally posted by shameson
      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

i would have totally sold you my front gc setup since I won't need it any more. curious. what did you do for the rear coil setup? Sucks because that's the only part I need to keep after going 5 lug
        89 325i 4dr s52
        02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
        21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
          i would have totally sold you my front gc setup since I won't need it any more. curious. what did you do for the rear coil setup? Sucks because that's the only part I need to keep after going 5 lug
          Dang, too bad. Just missed you.

I just have the classis coil over sleeve and adjuster on there now. Just going to change the shocks out to the Mustang konis

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
          1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
          1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
          1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
            got some info or pictures of the setup?

Comment

Got the Mustang top adjustable konis a few days back. My modified rsms slid right on and are ready to go.

Wondering if I'll need to remove the bump stops or at least trim them down. Might not be able to know that until I try them on.

Still trying to figure out rear trailing arm situation. I'm not sure if I want to add toe and camber correction or just replace bushings.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
              1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Definitely add the camber corrector kit. What model # are the Konis?
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  Definitely add the camber corrector kit. What model # are the Konis?
                  Okay I guess I will. Cause you said so

8041-1186SPORT for rear

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I had the 1186 sport. They are pretty good. Rated for max. 650lb spring, which is what I was running. I had to run them fully stiff most of the time otherwise it'd be too bouncy.

Def need camber adjusters, gonna have like -3 in the back otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
                      I had the 1186 sport. They are pretty good. Rated for max. 650lb spring, which is what I was running. I had to run them fully stiff most of the time otherwise it'd be too bouncy
                      Awesome! I'm at 700lb in the rear so I'm hoping they cope well. Would the 50lb difference be enough to mess things up?

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by craiggroves91 View Post
                        Awesome! I'm at 700lb in the rear so I'm hoping they cope well. Would the 50lb difference be enough to mess things up?
                        Not really, you'll just get more bounce and not be able to use most of the adjustment range. I switched to Koni DA, which eliminated the bounce altogether and the ride is improved a lot.

Comment

Not really, you'll just get more bounce and not be able to use most of the adjustment range. I switched to Koni DA, which eliminated the bounce altogether and the ride is improved a lot.
                          I imagine the bounce will be less prevalent than it is now with my who knows how old/possibly blown bilstein HD's? haha

Yeah, I can't afford those DA's, but I really wanted them. Good to hear you have used the 1186 I couldn't find much info from people who used them with higher rates.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

I imagine the bounce will be less prevalent than it is now with my who knows how old/possibly blown bilstein HD's? haha

Yeah, I can't afford those DA's, but I really wanted them. Good to hear you have used the 1186 I couldn't find much info from people who used them with higher rates.
                            I started on Bilstein Sport, and the bounce was downright dangerous on mountain roads. The car would bounce around and before you know it you're in the other lane. The DA's are not worth the price IMO, more than double the price just for rebound adjustment.

Comment

I started on Bilstein Sport, and the bounce was downright dangerous on mountain roads. The car would bounce around and before you know it you're in the other lane. The DA's are not worth the price IMO, more than double the price just for rebound adjustment.
                              haha yeah, I've had some scary moments with the rear bouncing.

Well, then it looks like I made the right choice. What about your front setup?

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

haha yeah, I've had some scary moments with the rear bouncing.

Well, then it looks like I made the right choice. What about your front setup?
                                Front is still 400lb spring / Koni SA (ix)

Meant to say DA is not worth it for comp. adjustment.

Comment

Working...
                                X