No announcement yet.

91' 318is S52 Swap "The Beast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a 318iS that I'm liking a whole lot!

really nice work!

Comment

Wow, not sure how I missed this thread until now but nice work! That bay is going to be dead fucking sexy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Wow, the bay prep looks awesome. I'm glad you're taking your time on this, the M20 will look like a jewel sitting in a great setting.

Removing the ABS brain is EXTREMELY easy. Undo 4 nuts and it comes right out, unplug two electrical connectors or so, and it's gone.
        Thanks! I sure hope it gets painted within the next couple weeks.

Well if I got rid of ABS I would want to get rid of the whole unit in the engine bay.

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
        this is a 318iS that I'm liking a whole lot!

really nice work!
        Thanks! I really appreciate it! :)

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        Wow, not sure how I missed this thread until now but nice work! That bay is going to be dead fucking sexy :up:
        Thanks! It should turn out pretty sexy!
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
        1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
        1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
        1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

You spent all that time on the bay, buy a new res!!!

Awesome work!
          1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
          1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
          1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
          1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
            You spent all that time on the bay, buy a new res!!!

Awesome work!
            I might eventually haha
            Have you seen how much they are ?
            I'm on a pretty tight budget

Thanks!
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
            1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

If your going through all this trouble to clean up the engine bay then go with an m42 radiator. No more bulky overflow tank.

www.gecoils.com
              My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                If your going through all this trouble to clean up the engine bay then go with an m42 radiator. No more bulky overflow tank.
                Running a Aluminum mishimoto. Lifetime warranty. Cheaper than OEM

I thought about the m42 radiator though

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

it won't be once you replace that $89 expansion tank. Guess thats why most people just paint them black

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    it won't be once you replace that $89 expansion tank. Guess thats why most people just paint them black
                    I don't mind it that much haha. Might powdercoat it

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Paint has been purchased! Hopefully I can get the ball rolling and paint the sloot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                        Well if I got rid of ABS I would want to get rid of the whole unit in the engine bay.
                        haha, I meant SRS. The SRS unit is easy to remove inside the car.

Originally posted by whysimon
                        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
                          haha, I meant SRS. The SRS unit is easy to remove inside the car.
                          Got it! I'll rip it out sometime haha

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Engine bay is painted!!!
                            My buddy painting

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Nice job man! It looks like it turned out great!!
                              1989 325i|1992 325i|And completely obsessed|:woowoo:
                              sigpic BMW. The Ultimate Driving Machine.
                              The Build...

Comment

LEAD by example right
                                looks great mines gonna look the same but opposite
                                BLACK

Comment

Working...
                                X